Stay at Home Moms

So here is my In Law vent

jensriotjensriot member
edited November 2013 in Stay at Home Moms

Why do they feel the need to put a baby to sleep every time they hold him? My FIL loves to hold Andrew, but he insists on walking around and rocking him to sleep all damn day. I figured now that A is a 21 lb rolling playing baby, this wouldn't be the case. We took the girls to see the beach and sea turtles. While we were gone, FIL rocked and walked my 8 mo old the whole time. Once wouldn't be bad, but that's how he spent the morning too. Then, after dinner I leave the kids with H to go running around with SIL for a couple hours. Of course, the baby was rocked and walked again. H knows better, so I'm pissed at him too.

I don't think A spent any time on the floor playing , literally none. So here I am, almost 5am, and I've slept maybe 2-3 hours total! Andrew is up and ready to play. I just want to cry. I'm so tired. Sigh. I guess no running around tomorrow while I try to get this straightened out. I love coming to Florida, but it's hard to enjoy on absolutely no sleep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

Re: So here is my In Law vent

• I was able to squeeze in a couple hours when I woke DH up to take care of baby. Coffee here I come. Maybe I'll get another nap later while they spoil little boy. I think I'm putting DH on baby bedtime duty tonight and I'll take the girls. Once they're out, they are done until morning.

• OP, you have my sympathy. I'm so scared of this happening when we go to visit the ILs for the holidays. Ugh. My MIL is a total baby hog/ baby whisperer. She absolutely does not listen to instructions when it comes to DS.

OTOH, BIL (sister's husband) is the best baby sitter ever. When they visited and he babysat so that we could get some sister time for a few hours, he asked me what needed to happen during the few hours we would be out, and he totally made sure that snacks, milk, play, and nap happened all at the right times. He was awesome.
  • Loading the player...
  • My FIL does the same thing.  He just loves to snuggle a sleepy baby.  He doesn't realize the consequences of doing that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh I'm sure there are no bad intentions. It is just rough to deal with later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"