Starting Acupuncture/Acupressure on Saturday to induce labor! — The Bump
December 2013 Moms

Starting Acupuncture/Acupressure on Saturday to induce labor!

My OBs don't want me "too far" past my due date, to give me the best chance of success at a VBA2C. They don't induce but are approving all other natural methods and since it can take 1 - 4 treatments for acupuncture to work, they said I could start this week! I literally couldn't get in until Saturday, BUT, I'll be in Sat, then Wed, then Sat again, with a possible membrane sweep on Tues at my 38 Week check up...SO...looks like things could get interesting this week!

I'm thinking baby will be here this week or next!!!

I'm furiously trying to wrap up all my last minute projects this weekend, so that I can just relax and focus on getting my mind and body ready to have this baby! Too bad my DH is now sick and in bed, so I'm pretty much on my own with this stuff, and the two kids, this weekend. Not how I planned it to go...fingers crossed he feels better tomorrow.

Anyone else have positive experiences with this sort of thing? :)
Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg

Re: Starting Acupuncture/Acupressure on Saturday to induce labor!

• A friend of mine went in for her first acupuncture session on the 16th (due the 20th). She ended up in labor the next day. Her body must have been ready to have her LO!
  • That is so cool!

Yeah, she said the pregnant mom before went in for her treatment, then went into labor 8 hours later! She was past her due date, though, but still, pretty neat!

I went in and instantly felt tightening on my uterus when she did the points. It was crazy intense, too, and lasted for awhile after I got home. I then rubbed the points again before bed (she circled them on my skin) and had tightening all night long (that I could tell, whenever I woke up, it was going on). 

It's doing something! I made an extra appointment and am going in Monday for a repeat! :)
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • That's awesome!! My chiropractor offers acupuncture, did they do acupuncture and acupressure at the same time/appointment??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards