December 2013 Moms

Let's talk tats

This may or may not have been discussed before...but if you plan on getting a tattoo after baby's born, what are you getting? Bonus if pics are included

View Full Size Image 
View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's talk tats

• I just told DH yesterday I'm getting one for her. I have his name (first and middle) on the side of my right rib cage. I saw a thing on Pinterest with a tattoo of the baby's heartbeat line...maybe that, with her first name or initials, on my wrist.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • If and when I have the money gonna get my sleeve finished. It's a fairy tales theme. I have little red riding hood and big bad wolf already on arm. Gonna get some more not 100% sure maybe Snow White(not the Disney version). I also plan to get something for my DDs.
  • That's a cute idea. I want to have mine redone at some point. The cat in the hat idea was fun when I was 18 but 20 years later, I'm kinda over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am going to get his birthday in Roman numerals something like this but smaller
  • katieh704 said:
    I am going to get his birthday in Roman numerals something like this but smaller
    Cute idea! I like the placement too

View Full Size Image 

• I have a small sun on my left wrist for DD, she loves/d you are my sunshine, I got it last august when she was 1. After baby I'm getting a moon and star on my foot for hubby (our first date was looking as stars and many thereafter) and it'll be interesting to see what baby's will be but it'll take a while to figure it out, hubby has a cross with a sun and got a star this last summer. I'm all for tattoos having meaning, I don't think I'm going to ever regret getting tattoos for my kids
  • Cashingn2 said:

I plan to get a ton more. Not sure what yet but will finish my sleeve

You're such a badass....sleeves....I wish I could.

• Cashingn2 said:
    Would not have pegged you for inked, Cash.
  • I will be getting one for LO but I'm not sure what or where yet. I'm not rushing into getting this one because I did with my last one and now I hate it :|

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm going to work on something for all three kids since I'm done now... I just don't know what.  My oldest is my butterfly, middle baby is my owl, I'm not sure what animal this one will be.  But then there's the plant connection too - Lindsay derives from Linden trees, Lily is obvious and I don't know this baby's name yet but if it's nature based as well, maybe something along those lines... there is just too much unknown yet!  But I have my artist ready and waiting to hear from me in about seven months...

imageimage

• PaddlefisherPaddlefisher member
    edited November 2013
    This for the first one we lost... Sprout. 
    *picture upload fail* :(

Would have another designed for our second loss, but do not have the design concept yet.
  • I have a tiger lily on my rib cage, its my favorite flower, and LO is going to be Lily, so I probably won't get anything. Maybe I'll figure out something once I figure out her personality. I love tattoos.
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
  • Cashingn2 said:
    Didn't you see the thread awhile back where we all shared our tattoos? Yea, girl's got some mad ink.

View Full Size Image 

• I'm gettIng the lyrics "i will carry you with me til I see you again" for a former student. I think for LO I might do his birthday and name, I like the footprint idea but around here it's really common.
  • dollypardondollypardon member
    edited November 2013
    DH and I are getting matching-ish sugar skull-style dinosaurs to commemorate our dino-themed wedding. We were supposed to get them for our anniversary in May, but that didn't go down for obvious reasons. Something along these lines but not really (this is just a random internet pic):

The baby's middle name is going to be Barrett (meaning=bear), so I'm imagining an Ursa Major (or Minor) tattoo in my future as well in keeping the with animals+flight/space theme of my other tattoos. Something old-timey and celestial map-ish along these lines with Arlo's name worked in:

• AnsleyturnerAnsleyturner member
    edited November 2013

Cashingn2 said:

Didn't you see the thread awhile back where we all shared our tattoos? Yea, girl's got some mad ink.
    -----------------------------------------
    I started that thread so if anyone wanted to go back an look it should be in my past posts.. I think it was just titled 'GTKY tattoos'

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • dollypardondollypardon member
    edited November 2013

Cashingn2 said:
    @missletoad, I need to see pics of your wedding.
    @cashingn2 I'll private message you a link to our wedding shots, but our pictures are mostly all of people and not of stuff. Friend/photographer fail. Our budget was sooooo low for the amount of guests and where we live (~$6000 for 120 guests in downtown Chicago, all-inclusive), but I really wish I'd spent extra for real pics.

I made 100+ of these and used them for table decorations/ gifts for the guests. They only cost like $2 each, plants included, if you do them on your own. My 10-year-old (at the time) stepson read this as one of the two readings. Cheesy, but a totally effective tear jerker for a bunch of people in attendance, myself included:

Reading : A Lovely Love Story

The fierce Dinosaur was trapped inside his cage of ice.

Although it was cold he was happy in there. It was, after all, his cage.

Then along came the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

The Lovely Other Dinosaur melted the Dinosaur’s cage with kind words and loving thoughts.

I like this Dinosaur thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

Although he is fierce he is also tender and he is funny.

He is also quite clever though I will not tell him this for now.

I like this Lovely Other Dinosaur, thought the Dinosaur.

She is beautiful and she is different and she smells so nice.

She is also a free spirit which is a quality I much admire in a dinosaur.

But he can be so distant and so peculiar at times, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

He is also overly fond of things.

Are all Dinosaurs so overly fond of things?

But her mind skips from here to there so quickly thought the Dinosaur.

She is also uncommonly keen on shopping.

Are all Lovely Other Dinosaurs so uncommonly keen on shopping?

I will forgive his peculiarity and his concern for things, thought the Lovely Other Dinosaur.

For they are part of what makes him a richly charactered individual.

I will forgive her skipping mind and her fondness for shopping, thought the Dinosaur.

For she fills our life with beautiful thoughts and wonderful surprises. Besides,

I am not unkeen on shopping either.

Now the Dinosaur and the Lovely Other Dinosaur are old.

Look at them.

Together they stand on the hill telling each other stories and feeling the warmth of the sun on their backs.

And that, my friends, is how it is with love.

Let us all be Dinosaurs and Lovely Other Dinosaurs together.

For the sun is warm.

And the world is a beautiful place  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"