Parenting

Possibly one and done need support

tldr sorry - I have lupus and after having DD and weening had a really bad flare , like hospitalization required, tons of drugs that I'm still weening myself off of, 7-8 months later. I think a BIG part of that was me not taking my health seriously, being lazing about taking medicine, etc but still scared me - lupus is very hormone related so pregnancy can be a trigger.

Now, I've just found out tahr I likely have bone damage to my hip that could be lupus or medication related. Haven't had my consultation with ortho yet but what my pcp thinks I have often results in hip replacement.

I'm terrified that my doctors are going to say it's not a good idea to have another baby. I'm also terrified to HAVE another baby. I've just always assumed we'd hVe at least two, and I really don't know anyone who only has one. DD is the most fantastic, wonderful amazing thing to ever happen but it is so strange to imagine her not having a sibling -especially having a new baby cousin that she is OBSESSED with.

I don't really have a question. I guess I'd live to hear from anyone who was involuntarily one and done and what your experience has been. Thanks for reading! If you reply I will fedex you leftover pecan pie.
imageimage

Re: Possibly one and done need support

• Yeah the weening: basically the flares are hormone related and if you breastfeed after having a baby that just keeps the mommy hormone levels going- so, whether you bf or not, at some point your hormones go back to non baby making levels and that's when a flare can happen as I understand it. So even if I didn't breastfeed it would have still happened. I may check out the one and done board, just post/lurk here more!
    imageimage
  • Even if YOU can't have a 2nd, what about adopting/fostering?
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Loading the player...
  • msdrdg said:

Even if YOU can't have a 2nd, what about adopting/fostering?

I honestly have always thought about adopting. There is a girl in DD's class who's adopted and her mom seems pretty open about it, depending on what doctors say I might start a conversation with her...as well as boards on here but it's nice to talk face to face. My parents also have friends who have a biological daughter (a little younger than me) and an adopted son, so they'd probably be good to talk to as well.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"