October 2013 Moms
Options

Is it considered child abuse

to duct tape the pacifier into my girls' mouths?

kidding...but I have some seriously fussy girls after 2 days of overstimulation from the extended family.  At first I was glad to have so many extra people around to hold, feed, and change the girls, but it was hard to get them away from my family members, so they just got passed around all day and did not get enough sleep.  Now they are a disaster. Lesson learned...I will have to be more assertive about nap time at Christmas

image4months_2radioflyer
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it considered child abuse

• Options
    We had a tough time yesterday, but today was much better... Mainly bc he spent a lot of time in his car seat and stroller! Haha!

I can imagine that after 2 days of 2 fussy, overstimulated babies, I'd be pretty exhausted! I hope you can get them settled down quickly! I'm right there with you about Christmas... It's going to be way more intense than thanksgiving was, so I'm going to really have to be on my game with making sure he naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've thought about using a hair tie around to keep his pacifier in! Christmas is going to be awful and I know I'll have to be very stern about his napping!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I once read that the holes in pacifiers were originally there so you could fasten a ribbon and tie it around baby's head. This is seriously of school (like something your gma would do) but some days I think it's a brilliant idea.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've often times dreamed about a baby version of head gear.

Sorry you had such a rough night. Hopefully you get a good night to make up for it.
  • Options
    @yesthisiskim0401, my husband said to install a magnet in the back of their head! Great minds, I guess. :D

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    And sorry about the bummer night mamma!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • Options
    MIL swears they taped a pacifier to DH when he was in the NICU. But she's crazy.
  • Options
    MrsAxillaMrsAxilla member
    edited November 2013
    MrsAxilla said:
    MIL swears they taped a pacifier to DH when he was in the NICU. But she's crazy.

They totally used too. My sister was in the NICU for a month and my parents have pictures of the pacifiers taped in her mouth.

well fuck! I guess I lost that bet!
  • Options
    The wubbanub is hit or miss with DD. She either holds it in place or pulls it out.

I hope you and the LOs got some rest and recovered from thanksgiving!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    They were a life saver for us with DD she learned to hold it in and it was easier for her to grab plus it's a little stuffed animal so we'd have it all spread out on her chest as she laid down and it would stay put...Or you can kind of ball the animal up on the side if their face so it stays in if they are looking sideways. With DS this time hes doing pretty well with it but still swats it out every so often.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"