September 2013 Moms
Options

Cradle Cap & Selsun Blue Question

If you used Selsun Blue for cradle cap, how long did it take for you begin to see results?

DS has a stubborn case of cradle cap and I'm now trying Selsun Blue. I'm curious if others have seen good results.

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cradle Cap & Selsun Blue Question

• Options
    Following.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    star328star328 member
    edited November 2013
    DS has a mild case, the Dr told me to use head & shoulders, dilute in water, massage 2 minutes on head, rinse well, brush with soft brush to loosen flakes every other day. I have done this twice now and it looks much much better already.

Edited spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use coconut oil. Selsun blue is too harsh IMO.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Options
    We have a stubborn case. :( We've tried olive oil, coconut oil, head and shoulders and lots of brushing and removing flakes with a fine tooth comb. It will look better immediately, but back to the same condition by the next day. I guess Ill be trying the Selsun Blue next..
    The Mrs.
  • Options
    Mags04Mags04 member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for the suggestions. The pedi said Selsun blue but I'm intrigued by the coconut oil. I'll have to try it.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I used Selsun Blue and it worked like a CHARM! We used coconut oil afterward. We even put it on her cheeks and forehead, let it set for 5 mins, scrubbed it with her baby brush, and wiped off with a warm washcloth (per pedi's suggestion). We used Aveeno baby hair wash to get the Selsun Blue off and counteract the stench. That all worked amazingly and we continue to do that if it gets bad, but we use coconut oil for maintenance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"