April 2014 Moms
Options

Intro and need some reassurance, please : )

AmyV416AmyV416 member
edited November 2013 in April 2014 Moms
Hi all! I have been lurking for awhile. I'm also an April mamma. I will be a ftm, and my husband and I couldn't be more excited and over the moon. We had our anatomy scan at 20 weeks 3 days. Baby looked great and healthy, Thank God! We chose to have the gender written and placed in an envelope so we could open it together at a private, special time. We looked away during the gender portion of the scan. We found out we are blessed to have a little girl! We are absolutely thrilled. Now, I'm afraid the tech may have missed something since I looked away. It's probably just my hormones making me crazy. We had the scan done at maternal fetal medicine, tech had over 10 years of experience. I guess I'm jus wanting to hear from ftms and stms that have little girls that found out at that scan. I wonder what the statistics are for correct gender predictions? Thank you all! I hope we all have happy holidays and healthy babies!

Re: Intro and need some reassurance, please : )

• Options
    I would venture to say that if you were looking, your untrained eye wouldn't have caught anything your very experienced tech was looking for. No offense, but those ultrasound images aren't exactly the clearest if you don't know what you're looking for! So enjoy the high likelihood that your tech was right and give yourself permission to be excited about your baby girl... And welcome to a14!
  • Options
    thanks! I keep telling myself the same thing. They need to explain everything to my husband and I all the time......kind of like looking at clouds lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At 20 weeks, your aren't finding out early by any means. I don't think there is any reason not to trust her. If she didn't get a clear enough view to give you an answer I'm certain she would have told you that. Congrats on your baby girl!

• Options
    I have a family member who is an experienced OBGYN so we had her look at our US that says girl. She said she tells moms, particularly of girls, its 80% that its accurate because with a girl its mainly that you didn't see a penis but that doesn't mean there isn't one there. My mind was blown!! Ha!! We saw the three lines and everything and she said she's delivered a few "girls" that upon further inspection were boys!! She said its not often been the opposite. Even if you had seen what the tech saw there is still a chance its wrong, at no fault of the tech. We are going with girl and if it happens to be a boy, then we will just deal with it. We are enjoying the ride and being flexible with what is coming our way! Which is hard for me because I'm a control freak!! Welcome to a14!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you ladies! :) I really appreciate the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"