July 2014 Moms

brown discharge after sex?

I'm 7 weeks today. We had sex last night, it was kind of intense, and I just had brown discharge on the tp. I'm freaked out. Dr's office is closed. I have an appt on wed. Should I be concerned? This isn't my first pregnancy, but we've been through hell and back trying to get pregnant. :( Should I go to the ER, or am I just over reacting?
We're expecting baby Jameson!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: brown discharge after sex?

• normal to freak out, normal to spot after sex. your cervix is e extra sensitive when you're pregnant. as long as it's brown, not flowing, or accompanied by cramps/ pain I wouldn't worry. with my son my ob advised not having sex for I think 2 days after the spotting stopped.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• I don't have an after hours number to call - military hospital. I either have to go to the er and wait, or wait to call the doc on monday.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I dont think I'd be so freaked out if it wasn't friday on a holiday weekend. Way to go, DH.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just checked my calendar... appt is TUES, not WED. Even better.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with the PP.  Spotting is normal after sex, start to worry if it is heavy, red and you have cramping with it.

• Thanks ladies. I hope and pray this is alllll normal. lol We're right in the middle of packing up the house and moving so I'm trying to take it easy and not stress as much as possible. But I have a lot of stress. ugh.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Totally normal. In a packet from my dr it was listed as a source of spotting and not to panic.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • An update for today: No more spotting, but I ache like I'm going to start AF any minute.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I'm going through the same thing, except I started with cramping and then that stopped and I started spotting today. Now I feel like the cramping is coming back and I'm about to get my period. Not sure if it helps, but I've called my midwife twice already and she really doesn't think an ER visit is necessary, so I'm holding out until Monday since there's nothing they can do anyway. Hopefully we can hold out together and all is fine.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • I've been trying to drink a lot of water today. And take it easy. I know there's nothing I can do, just trying to not stress out. 

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"