November 2013 Moms

Need sleep but can't

What is wrong with me? Baby has been taking long naps and I can't seem to fall asleep during any of them! Then I hit a wall around 9pm where I'm totally disfunctional. I wish I could take a short acting timed sleeping pill that didn't affect breast milk. Alas there is no such thing, as far as I know! Anyone else have this problem or have tips?

Answers

• I plan to sleep when the baby sleeps on an increasing basis, but to start IMHO Natures way of monitoring the baby is our sleep sacrifices. I was pleased with 1 daytime nap today and will be tickled pink to get 2-3 soon. I read that quiet time or meditation are worthy in the absence of naps. GL.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have found that I am happily functioning on a ridiculously small amount of sleep. I also find it hard sometimes to sleep when he is, especially when he is in his pack and play, every tiny sound wakes me. Plus, last night I enjoyed insane dreams that he was crying every time I fell asleep, which woke me. And he would be sleeping peacefully. Thanks, imagination!
  • Loading the player...
  • It does get easier. As a TTM I'm able to be out in seconds. I've given up on laundry and dishes until DH gets home from work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is me!!!!!! I can be overly sleepy and she'll sleep for like 2 or 3 hours straight during the day and I can't sleep!! Or when I finally do settle down, she's up 15 mins later
  • The other day both my kiddos were asleep at the same time and I actually did fall asleep for about 20 minutes.  I would love to be able to "sleep when the baby sleeps", but right now, their schedules aren't syncing up.  I'm pretty tired once nighttime comes, but when my head hits the pillow, I'm out!
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• My LO is now 2 weeks old. It's hard to do, but I make myself lay in my bed or sit up in my rocker and close my eyes, whether I fall asleep or not. Everyday is a different story for me, because I'm experiencing a lot of what everyone has mentioned but I make myself relax. Also I will drink a hot cup of decaf tea with lemon and honey or hot cocoa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"