October 2013 Moms
Options

Taking LO to eye dr

I ask this question in relation to DD1 who is 2.5. When do I take her to the eye dr? I know dentist at 3, but that got me wondering about eye dr. Do we just go if she seems to have a problem? What have you done?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Taking LO to eye dr

• Options
    I haven't taken my little guy and he's almost 5. Unless they are complaining about blurry vision or another problem or ped recommends it, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I took mine with me to an appointment when she was about 4. Their vision is still developing until they are a little older due to growth. My doc said that most kids start out far sighted and as they grow and eye shape changes they get closer to 20/20.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know when I worked in a pediatrician's office we did vision checks starting at 4 and if they failed it we referred them to eye dr
  • Options
    I dunno about eye dr, but op, I took my dd1 to the dentist at 15 mos. I think te recommendation is 12 mos? I could be wrong, haven't looked it up on a long time.

• Options
    jennlin said:

I dunno about eye dr, but op, I took my dd1 to the dentist at 15 mos. I think te recommendation is 12 mos? I could be wrong, haven't looked it up on a long time.

Yes I know for dentistry its recommended to take them earlier. I was a dental assistant until I had DD1- and that dentist didn't see kids til 3. Our current dentist says the same. I just take her with me right now.

I forgot they do vision checks with that chart thing at school too right? This may sound dumb, but are there signs for color blindness?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not sure when the correct time to take them is but I took DS1 to the eye doctor at 2. He started crossing his eyes so I brought him in, turns out he needed glasses. The doctor dialated his pupils and then held lenses up to them and watched for some reaction, not sure what it was. Anyway he did end up needing glasses (a pretty strong prescription of 8 in left eye and I think 7 1/2 in the right) his eyes don't cross when he wears his glasses now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"