April 2014 Moms

Thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping??

How was y'all's dinner yesterday??
How was your Black Friday shopping?

My dinner was good besides my MIL

Black Friday shopping went amazing! We spent 134$ and got a butt load of stuff!!

Re: Thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping??

• Dinner was amazing - I ate a heaping plate and finished DH's plate when he got full.  I seriously considered eating the entire tray of sweet potatoes, but managed to control myself.  Then I followed dinner with 3 kinds of pie for dessert.  Delicious!

I don't go out on Black Friday.  I'd rather pay a little more or go without.  I worked retail for several years and swore I'd never shop that day.  I caved and went 3 years ago for a TV deal and I nearly lost my faith in humanity.  I almost cried this morning reading an article about people's disgusting behavior during past Black Fridays.  You couldn't pay me to go.
  • Dinner was great!  My husband had to work so we ate our Thanksgiving dinner at about 11:30pm when he got home.  I also enjoyed having leftovers for breakfast!  lol

We bought one thing online yesterday.  Since we pretty much do homemade gifts for just about everyone, we don't have to do a whole lot of shopping.  I did just see that my favorite NYC cookware shop, Broadway Panhandler, is having a pretty awesome sale this weekend, so I might check that out and see if there's anything great there that someone in my family might need.
  • Loading the player...
  • Online shopping all the way for me,  SO went out to the mall this morning, mainly just to check out the madness.  He was disappointed that it was pretty mellow. :D
  • Dinner was absolutely disgusting yesterday. FIL and his girlfriend ordered the meal from a local market and it was unpalatable. The turkey was undercooked so I didn't try any.

Black Friday shopping was great. I ordered everything I really wanted that may sale out online on Thursday morning. Today I went in to see all the clothes sales. Gymboree had an amazing 50% off sale. I bought a ton of baby clothes! Our little boy is going to look so handsome in his sweaters next fall! :)
  • I found some great baby steals today! Got the baby play yard from BRU for 50% off plus the box had been opened so I got an additional 20% off...that's a $70 play yard for $27! Then I went to Herbergers and got two Carter's sleep sacks. They were on sale for $10.80/each but I had a coupon for $10 off each item. I walked out spending $1.60 total!
  • Dinner was good. I'm proud of myself because I made everything except the turkey. My parents came to visit us and it was my first time hosting so I was nervous. BF was success! I got my christmas tree, all of DD's christmas presents and stuff for our new house so I was super excited by the time we got home lol.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Gap is having a 50% off everything sale! I went to the store and bought my first items ever for baby! So exciting!!! I just finished more shopping at Gap online so I think the code "BLKFRIDAY" still works. Can't get enough of their maternity leggings. They also have great gender neutral baby clothes!
  • Dinner was great.
    We waited in line out in the cold for an hour at Home Depot to get a 7.5 ft Martha Stewart Christmas tree that's normally $200. On sale for $70. They opened the doors at 5:00. We had our tree by 5:02 and were checked out by 5:06!
  • I went Black Friday shopping at about 9:30 am yesterday and found it to actually be quite pleasant in my area! It wasn't any busier than a typical Saturday morning. It was a bit picked over, but I still got some deals (just bought a pair of boots and some Christmas decorations though.) I think starting on Thanksgiving got the crazies through early and made Friday morning more fun for me! Hah.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"