August 2013 Moms

Decorating Question

So, this is the first year that I will be putting up stockings for us.  Before we moved into this house, we always had a mantle or something that I could hang the stockings on.  This year, we don't.  I have a half wall, about 3 feet wide that I am going to hang them on.  Because I don't have a mantle, I don't know how to hang them to make them look good.  I have them hanging on the wall without anything else, and it just looks plain.  I've looked at Walmart and Target for something to make them look cute, and had no luck.  I've seen on pinterest a wooden hanger sign that I could do, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that may look cute as well.  Any ideas?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Decorating Question

• I was going to suggest wooden hanger sign. Maybe you can hang some garland above the sign and let it hang like you would do on a mantle.
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • We don't have a mantle either, so I hang them on our stairs - like on the railing.

• Loading the player...
  • I got the metal 3m command hooks and they come off clean which is great
  • After u hang them you could get letters from the hobby store, and hang the first letter of LOs name then M for mommy and D for daddy above them. Hobby or craft stores always have such unique looking letters. You could even get cute little "&" to go in between. Then hang some poinsettias single flowers or snowflakes at random all around. I would love to see a picture if what you decide!!
  • We hang ours in front of a big window we have - the molding is pretty deep so I can use stocking hangers, but I also use a thin trim nail at an angle which holds them great And you can't see the nail hole since it's on the top of the molding.
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • I would treat the ledge like a mantle, get stocking hooks and add garland to it.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• @kwrecks sorry I didn't see that it was a half wall. Deff use it like a mantel and decorate the top. Maybe find the stocking holders that are larger? Candles and garland would look nice :D
  • Well I guess I shouldn't have said half wall. It goes from floor to ceiling, it's just that is only 3 feet wide. It separates the kitchen and the hallway. So there's no ledge.

Anniversary

• We have this same issue. I ended up hanging from our curtain rod.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• I hung ours from a windowsill when we were in a little apartment. I had those metal stands with hooks.

• OK call me tacky- BUT when I had an apartment I started a yearly holiday party tradition, and to decorate I got a..... Cardboard Fireplace!  wag your finger at me if you will but they are inexpensive and super cute.  It really made the whole thing come together.  I recommend it.  Adding a few clicky links here- pay attention to the sizing, because some are super small and some are not.  Suggest wrapping the wall with a faux brick as well- you can see it on amazon-
    That's just my little tacky decorating suggestion- but it feels a lot more holiday inspired in the house, it really does. Just hang the stockings above it, decorate the fireplace and the wall!
    https://www.shindigz.com/party/nostalgic-fireplace/pgp/1w011c
    https://www.amazon.com/Brick-Fireplace-Stand-Up-Party-Accessory/dp/B002SVRO3U

Pic Monkey Collage 1

baby development baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"