Baby Names

Baby K

KbaughanKbaughan member
edited November 2013 in Baby Names
We are having our 3rd little girl and all of the girls in our family have K names, myself and my sisters included. Finding K names I like is really becoming a challenge. Anyway we have settled (sort of) on the name Kerry. Is it too common? The spelling comes from a county in Ireland where my fathers family orginated from. So it has meaning. I usually like more unique names though : / what do you think?

Re: Baby K

• What other Ks do you have?

Kerry is fine.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• My girls are Kelsey and Kinsley. some other K names in the fam are Kelly, Kimberly, Kristen, Kasey, Kassie. I like the tradition and if I was going to break it I would have done it with my first girl. It makes us all feel like a team I guess : ) but yea names I like a getting pretty slim.
  • Loading the player...
  • You may not like it because it is considered a unisex name, but I love Kendall for a girl.

I would've used it, but we are having twin boys and like you we are all D names, Dena & Danny and the dogs are Darcy & Dexter so I think we are sticking with D.
  • I love Kerry.

• Kallie comes to mind. 
  • Having everyone share letters is really NMS, but my favorite K name is probably Kara.

Kennedy might be another one you like?
  • Katelyn
    Kylie
  • I like Kerry
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like Kerry, also Keira, Kirsten, and Kenna
  • I like Kerry... but I do agree there is a lot 'y.' There's the variant Kerrin/Kerryn that may work as well. There's also: Kendra, Karensa (means love), & Klara (works more if you're German).
  • I like Kerry, also Keira, Kirsten, and Kenna
  • The Kerry's I know are men. If I were to do Carrie-with-a-k for a girl I'd probably do Kari.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • My daughter and I are Karina and Krista. I also like kassandra but while a legit spelling it looks too 'youneek' for my taste.
  • I like Karen, but that probably doesn't suite your style. But it does get you way from the ie or y ending which I agree with PPs is the best direction to take with this one
  • Hate this trend.

Keira, Kristen,
    Birthday

• My husband's family has a K girl named trend going. It's more coincidental as 1/2 of us married it. Karen, Kerri, Kim, Kate and Kailee. I broke the trend and named our daughter Adelle :). I do like Kerry though!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I think that spelling is usually used for boys. It doesn't really go w your other names either. What about Keira, Kaitlyn, Kiana, Korie, Kennedy, Kendall, Kylie, Kesiah?
  • BethPSU said:

Having everyone share letters is really NMS, but my favorite K name is probably Kara.

Kennedy might be another one you like?

I love Kennedy! I think it sounds lovely with your girls names.
  • I like Kerry a lot, but it doesn't go with your trendy other names.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"