March 2014 Moms
Options

Short/"fluffy" ladies- clothing help?

I'm having a hell of a time finding jeans that don't look heinous on me. I'm down to one pair from Old Navy and the belly elastic has a run in it, and they're getting to be too small. 

Where are you guys finding things that fit? I tried on petite sizes at Macy's, which sells Motherhood, and some at Kohl's, but nothing fits right. If they're big enough to go around, they're about six inches too long and baggy in the ass/thighs. Old Navy and Gap have a pretty pitiful selection of full panel jeans, and an even more limited selection in short lengths. 

Please tell me someone has found a magical maternity mecca (say that three times fast) that sells large petite jeans? Today has not been good for my self esteem. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Short/"fluffy" ladies- clothing help?

• Options
    I'm not petite, but I bought some maternity stuff at Ross...I know you're in New England, so I don't know what discount stores that you have around you but maybe try Ross, TJ Max, Steinmart, etc. they sometimes have a wider variety of brands than just going to Old Navy or something similar. Good luck!!
  • Options
    I believe I have these exact jeans in Petite XL, and they fit really well:

They're okay quality, probably on par with Old Navy (which is what I usually wear pre-preg). I don't wear jeans every day, just on Fridays and weekends. They're holding up well. And they FIT. Which I was really surprised about. I always have a hell of a time finding petite sizes for me-- I have enormous hips and a ghetto booty. But Destination Maternity was a godsend for pants.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and I should mention-- I'm 5'3". EVERYTHING is always too long unless I buy petite.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I don't have anything productive to add, but I just said "magical maternity mecca" three times fast no mistakes...do I get a cookie?

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't have anything productive to add, but I just said "magical maternity mecca" three times fast no mistakes...do I get a cookie?

Of course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm five feet tall. I have been wearing nothing but leggings and I found some jeggings on clearance on motherhood maternity. I just gave up on the whole jean thing :)
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Options
    Motherhood Maternity 1X petite works for me. They are a little baggy, and I could have fit in XL, but they are so so comfy.

The other pants that I have that aren't petite went to a seamstress to get a real hem. It was too much for me to do myself.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    I got some Jessica Simpson maternity skinny jeans and pants at Motherhood in Petite Small and love them.  I had gotten some at the Gap but they were too big.  My problem is that I usually wear dresses and skirts and can't find anything I like.  All maternity clothes seem to be black, grey and purple so I'm repurposing clothes from when I was 30 or so pounds heavier.
  • Options
    Hey, sorry, just re-read your post and realized I didn't catch all of what you needed.  I still recommend the Jessica Simpson maternity jeans in petite.  I'm 5' 1.5" and have a really hard time finding petites that fit.  Most petites still require me to wear heels.  The Jessica Simpson ones seem to fit without heels though and I recommend them.  They look nice, are not too expensive and have the waist band that goes all the way up to the boobs.
  • Options
    I've embraced jeggings and leggings for all my short legs fat girl problems. No shame in my game. Embrace it!!
    photo 334932ce-4f16-4b35-8d49-b4c5beb158c9.jpg

Anniversary 

• Options
    Wish I could help, I'm short and round too.  I have had zero luck with maternity jeans.  I think it's the weight of the fabric that bothers me.  Either they fall down because the elastic is too weak or they are uncomfortable because the elastic is too tight.  I have a few pairs of casual pants from motherhood in petite xl that fit well.  Other that that I've embraced leggings.
  • Options
    I found a pair at Motherhood that are actually not "short" length I think they were supposed to be capris cuffed up. I uncuffed them and they are perfect length with flats now. I live in these jeans on the weekends and they are holding up well.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I've bought 2 pair of jeans from Motherhood Maternity. I love them!
  • Options
    For thanksgiving I wore spandex type of pregnant leggings from target...same brand as their belly band with a knee length cotton dress and tall boots. It was the most comfy thing I've worn aside from pjs, and I'm not a dress kinda girl.

I haven't done much jean shopping...mainly for all the reasons u pointed out.
    Too tight the elastic hurts and mis-shapes my bump, too loose and they fall down. Length is always a factor.

My only suggestion is hem them using the original hem.
  • Options
    5'1" here. I went with the full panel motherhood maternity petite plus jeans. I've got the 1X but probably could've done the XL. They are the perfect length and sooooo comfy!

• Options
    5'2' here. I have some petites from thyme maternity that I love- they are a straight cut and have a cotton full panel. They are handme downs from a friend but I tried on petites when I was there that were pretty good- they're just a little expensive .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"