July 2013 Moms
Options

Productive cough?

My LO is 4 months and 2 days ago, he woke up with a really rarly sounding chest and cough. I think its a cold because my 6 and 3 year olds had a runny nose, etc.

LO has no fever, no problem breathing that I can tell, is eating fine, barely any nasal congestion and is still his happy self. Just this terrible sounding cough. I'm wondering if I need to take him in to the pedi? I don't want him to go unnecessarily, where he could pick something else up if I don't need to. I'm thinking it just has to run its course, but he's so little, I don't want to mess around with it.

WWYD? Take him in or wait it out? Thanks!

Re: Productive cough?

• Options
    I'll be following, I could have written this same exact thing!  I know the air quality is pretty bad in Seattle right now (burn ban and very stagnant air), so I'm not sure if it could be that for us?
  • Options
    I don't take my kids to the pedi for a cold unless it lasts longer than 2-3 weeks. They can't do anything anyways.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm just going to wait it out unless he gets worse. Like you said, it's viral likely and there's nothing they can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"