January 2014 Moms
Options

Do you feel DH/SO has been supportive of your needs recently (pregnancy, home or relationship-wise)?

2»

Re: Do you feel DH/SO has been supportive of your needs recently (pregnancy, home or relationship-wise)?

• Options
    megs12914megs12914 member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks @MamaP19! It kinda makes me feel better because I am a terrible person who the saying misery loves company surely applies right now. We go through this same thing a lot about jobs too even though he knows the only reason I'm not working is because of my terrible back and so its not cool he says that still. I would love adult interactions!
    Edited because I don't know how to use exclamation points in moderation...
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Options
    DH was somewhat indifferent to me and our growing LO until we started attending hospital classes. Now maybe this coincided with my growing bump, but since those classes he has been incredible. We moved this week and he handled about 97% of the entire thing without a single complaint. This may be schmoopy, but I wake up every day feeling lucky to have him in my life.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has been super supportive most days. If anything, he's been over the top protective and a major worrywart about anything I do possibly hurting LO. The only downside is, He still doesn't do massages unfortunately :( if he did, I'd be utterly spoiled so maybe that's a good thing.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    moosebaby2011moosebaby2011 member
    edited November 2013
    DH has been good, for the most part, but there are a few things he's been doing that drive me insane. One of them is that he doesn't seem to realize that LO is due in 7 weeks and nothing has been done to prepare for his or her arrival, and there is very little that I can do (aside from shop) on my own to get things ready until DH gets the heavy stuff done (i.e. moving furniture around, etc). I rely on the weekends for DH to get projects done, but we can't seem to get on the same page in terms on what should take priority. Today is Saturday, and DH is skiing, so the morning is shot but he promises that we'll go shopping for a dresser this afternoon. So, we'll see.

Another issue has been our ongoing disagreement over who should be giving DS his bath. I asked DH a couple of months ago if he could start doing bath time because it is really uncomfortable for me to crouch down by the tub every night. He agreed to do it, but up until recently EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT he'd ask me if I was sure I didn't want to do bath time. Or he'd make up some stupid excuse why he couldn't do it - like he had a paper cut that he didn't want to get wet. I finally lost my temper at him over the issue (ok, twice) and it's been much better lately.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JmattisJmattis member
    edited November 2013
    My H has been supportive around the house and does the dishes, laundry, cooking, food shopping an cleaning. However, he isn't sympathetic of how crumby I feel everyday and when I complain he doesn't listen or offer to make me feel better (back rub) etc. Overall I accepted it and appreciate what he does do.

ETA: He has been very difficult though regarding buying items for the baby and we had many fights over that. We live in NYC and live in an apartment so he's worried we are going to live in clutter and a mess all the time so therefore he will fight me on anything HE feels isn't needed for the baby without any knowledge about that particular thing. I don't want to live in a mess either, but there are things you need and that baby needs that will make your life easier . For example he fought me on getting a glider, how many toys for the baby. a swing, a bouncer, Lamaze classes, how much clothes we have, how many bottles, maternity clothes, blankets, the crib, hooded towels, socks and prob a lot more I'm forgetting. I definitely had many break downs over it and it has been very stressful. I'm at the point now where I do what I want and don't even tell him as it's not worth the fight.

Jaclyn D'Ausilio Jackie D'Ausilio

Married 6.22.12

Baby Oliver Born 1.11.14

• Options
    @megs12914: If he ever said anything like that to me my DH would have difficulty walking with the new ass hole I would tear him.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I said yes. For the most part, he listens to me complain about every little thing, does anything to make sure that I'm comfortable (he even helps me out of bed some days because it is so painful), still tells me I look beautiful when he knows I need to hear it and constantly asks what the baby is "up to" inside my belly. It's awesome. :)

Obviously, there's always going to be things where I think he could be more supportive (even at 33 weeks, I'm still doing 80% of the cleaning and I'm usually worn out after thirty minutes).

For the most part though, he's been exactly as I imagined. He's my rock and he's going to be an amazing daddy.

Dave and Kathleen - 09.12.09:
    Partially Complex (my blog)
  • Options
    Mine is a rock star for the most part. I still do the majority of the cleaning and cooking, but I'm a SAHW for the time being, so it makes sense to. He has no problem jumping in and doing the things that are getting hard for me to do (scrubbing the bathtubs, taking out heavy trash, etc). I would say the only area he is lacking is that he just doesn't understand how uncomfortable pregnancy is at this point. If he wakes up at 2am and sees I'm still up, sitting up straight in bed because the reflux is so bad watching tv, he doesn't understand why I can't "just go to sleep". I also don't think he understands how painful some of her kicks can be. However, he even has his moments with that. Last night she was working on getting her legs under my ribcage and kicking and it hurt. So. Bad. He looked at me and said "is she going cray in there?" And I said it hurts so bad with tears in my eyes and he grabbed my hand and said "we are almost there" and held my hand for the next 30 minutes while I silently cried watching tv together haha.

He goes to every doc appt with me and I've never asked him to - he has always said he wants to be there for me and wants to hear what the doc says. I really feel like I fall more in love with him everyday through this pregnancy and I hope that continues when she is here through our sleep deprived states ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"