3rd Trimester

Less fetal movement

It was thanksgiving yesterday and I ate a lot of food so when I realized last night they baby wasn't moving as often as usual I drank a glass of milk and did kick counts. She did a huge kick but then it's just been little flutters. I am 38 weeks 4 days and realize she is running out of room but didn't know if this is normal or not?! I am going to eat breakfast and see if she moves around after that. If not I will try to call the dr. I'm not even sure where to call. When I call my regular dr office it says leave a message for a nurse but they don't check it until office hours. Anyone else have less movement at this stage?

Re: Less fetal movement

• the number of movements was the same, but the strength decreased as baby ran out of room
  • I am the same as you-EDD 12/9! I know the movements are harder one day and less the other day. My dr keeps saying as long as kick counts are ok and "routine" is same, that is normal. I definitely feel him lower at times too. Hard not to worry as we get closer huh? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes it's hard not to worry! I am scheduled for a c section Tuesday dec 3 so only a few days left! Thanks for the input!
  • juliane2004juliane2004 member
    edited November 2013
    If your gut tells you something is off, trust it.

At 34w3d, I had decreased movement. Actually, it was more so decreased STRENGTH of movement. I still got movement but usually it makes my belly jump but at that time, it didn't do that.

He was delivered via emergency c/s 7 hours after I arrived at the hospital; he had developed a condition over the previous 24 hours that is almost always fatal in-utero. I was told he would've been stillborn in 2-7 days if left unborn.

If your gut is telling you it's different, go in. No harm in going extra times.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • At the end I say call if something doesn't feel right.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes, at the end of my last pregnancy I didn't have much movement at all
  • at this stage, they really dont have the room to move around..this is my 5th....I would say not to panic or worry..but if it is a great concern...always drink something sugary ..always does the trick for my L/O
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"