June 2013 Moms

Hoarse/Teething...

Any one have any experience with hoarseness in their LOs voice?

We were at the pedi on Tuesday for a look see because J was being quite fussy while eating. Dr said it was most likely teething. Ears were fine, nose looked fine. J got his six month shots at said appointment.

That day he sounded a bit raspy/hoarse. Fast forward through the nasty fever from shots... (finally broke yesterday!)

His voice is definitely getting more hoarse. He has no fever, no cough, no abnormal congestion. Still cranky (teething/post shots?) Still fighting to eat sometimes, he did have a few watery b movements (4 in two days) and his lower gums look quite swollen this AM and feel different, hard and bumpy/not sharp like a tooth has cut though. Night waking and whine/crying is also happening.

So! Back to the voice... For the btdt moms... Does this sound like a teething symptom? Does it sound like something else? (Btw I hate dr google...he knows how to scare no matter what the symptoms are!)

I'm probably going to call pedi in a few hours. I'd rather not bring him back in to the germy office if it isn't something to worry about (we've had a few pertussis cases in the area!) Andplusso his pedi isn't in today, not sure if the other one is but we don't really like seeing her even if she is. Even my husband has been underwhelmed by her.

Sorry this got so long! Thanks in advance for any thoughts/input/advice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"