Health & Exercise

Birth control and weight loss

Hello I have been off birth control almost a year now. I have a son who will be 3 years old next month and since that time I have been monitoring my cm to not get pregnant. So I want to get on depo but I am also working on losing weight was wondering if the depo will interfere with my weight loss goals? Would it hinder my success? Just curious and any info would be helpful thank you. :)

Re: Birth control and weight loss

• I used Depo for 3 years. During those years I was the heaviest I've ever been. It also made me angry, anxious and depressed.

Again, this was my experience.

Birth control pills also make me retain lots of water and make me feel sad.

Good luck!
  • I just went off birth control and I'm curious to see if I lose weight. With both of my kids I lost the weight easily and then when I quit BFing went back on the pill and gained about 10 pounds back. I also retain a ton of water in my hands when I'm on it. I finally stopped because I was also getting migranes. I know it can make you gain, but the only way you know for sure is if you try it. I have friends on depo that didn't gain. You just never know how it will effect you personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"