May 2013 Moms

What did you do after dedication/baptism?

We're getting my little guy dedicated next weekend (it's during the church service). I'm curious - what did you do after?

We invited our family and friends, and invited them over to our house for a light brunch afterwards. Is that typical? 

We don't have any other babies in the family right now, so I'm not sure what the norm is!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What did you do after dedication/baptism?

• We had our friends and family over for a BBQ. We had R baptized July 4th weekend though so it was hot out. We just had hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken plus appetizers then cake. Most people don't expect too much after
  • We took the family out for brunch.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We had everyone over for dinner. Her baptism was during 4pm Mass on a Saturday. I ordered a couple pans of lasagna, salad, and breadsticks from a local restaurant.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had a cookout at the house. I think this is pretty typical and brunch sounds wonderful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• We had a 430 baptism so we went to a pizza restaurant and ordered a bunch of pizzas.
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jayro10 said:
    We had everyone over for dinner. Her baptism was during 4pm Mass on a Saturday. I ordered a couple pans of lasagna, salad, and breadsticks from a local restaurant.

Same here...except our Mass was at 1pm on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. We had family and friends to the house, and ordered the lasagna, etc from a local restaurant. I didn't feel bad taking that shortcut, since she was only 4.5 weeks at the time.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"