September 2013 Moms
Options

Eating

Is it ok if my daughter is 12 weeks old and still drinks 3 oz bottles. 1 or 2 per day she'll drink a 4oz she will also drink lots of 2 oz. usually if it's 2 oz she'll drink more about 2 hrs later. The more she has the longer it lasts. About 7-10 days ago she was eating like a horse now it slowed down again. She weighs about 13 pounds. She EFF. On Monday night she slept the whole night for the first time then didn't eat as well Tuesday. Tuesday night into Wednesday she woke at 3 am to eat then last night she slept it through again but I feel like I'm forcing her to eat today. I realize she's human and doesn't eat the same everyday but should I be worried that she consumes 20-23 oz per day. However today was 19.75.monday during the day was 25! Then she slept good but I feel like I'm offering her bottles about every 3 hrs bc she's not eating a lot not really letting me know she's Hungary

Re: Eating

• Options
    Ash1103 said:

Is it ok if my daughter is 12 weeks old and still drinks 3 oz bottles. 1 or 2 per day she'll drink a 4oz she will also drink lots of 2 oz. usually if it's 2 oz she'll drink more about 2 hrs later. The more she has the longer it lasts. About 7-10 days ago she was eating like a horse now it slowed down again. She weighs about 13 pounds. She EFF. On Monday night she slept the whole night for the first time then didn't eat as well Tuesday. Tuesday night into Wednesday she woke at 3 am to eat then last night she slept it through again but I feel like I'm forcing her to eat today. I realize she's human and doesn't eat the same everyday but should I be worried that she consumes 20-23 oz per day. However today was 19.75.monday during the day was 25! Then she slept good but I feel like I'm offering her bottles about every 3 hrs bc she's not eating a lot not really letting me know she's Hungry

• Options
    This sounds like how DS was with eating. He never drank more than 4 ounces at a time but I never had any sleep problems with him. He would always give me at least a four stretch from day one. He was sleeping from 9 PM to 6 AM or so by the time he was 3 months.

I would say not to worry. I just fed him pretty often because he would always be hungry since he drank so little at a time. He had plenty of wet diapers and poops. He also was growing perfectly well too. I'm sure your baby is fine!
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    She does have lots if wet diapers and at least 1 poop per day. Her sleeping isn't horrible . She usually is asleep by 9 then I feed her by 11. If she wakes it's between 2:30 and 4 then eats then will wake for day btwn 6 and 7. Like I said, 2 nights this week she slept the night but during those days she did consume a little more than usual.
  • Options
    That really all sounds good. You don't have anything to worry about with her eating. :)
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If she's gaining weight, has enough wet/dirty diapers and her pedi isn't concerned, she's fine. My LOs pedi said we will know when he needs more.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"