Purple Legs — The Bump
December 2013 Moms

Purple Legs

I was thinking it was from working in the cold, because i am so pale sometimes my arms get red.  I havent been at work for 24 hours now and my thighs are still purple.

Its like a bad sunburn and when you push on my skin, it turns white and takes at least 5 seconds before it goes back to purple.

I'm guessing its bad circulation but my feet and ankles aren't swollen at all today and they aren't dicolored either.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had the same problem?

Re: Purple Legs

• Haven't had that problem, and it definitely doesn't sound good... I would see a doctor about that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    jamisonxo[Deleted User]
  • Having discoloration lasting longer than 24 hours is unusual and you should call your doctor (the on-call doctor) ASAP.

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely call your OB!

jamisonxoAycul18
  • I called the after hours answering service.  i should hear back soon, thank you ladies <3

tyedyeme12AGriffin620Aycul18
  • No, but I'm glad you called your doctor. If you don't hear back within the next half hour, you may want to contact the hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    [Deleted User]Aycul18
  • Let us know what happens! You know how pregnant women worry!
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
    jamisonxoAycul18
  • the midwife i talked to, didn't sound very concerned.  Probably just holding fluid and since i have an appt monday, she left it up to me to make the trip to triage. 

She said if i get any pain, to call back cause it could be a blood clot...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards