January 2014 Moms

My first Mom fail

I thought I'd be proactive and wash the baby's bedding, blankets and newborn stuff and a few 0-3 onesies. So here I sit folding everything and having a crisis of how to even fold this little stuff properly and I noticed almost everything shrunk that wasn't fleece. I washed it in cold and dried it on a mixed setting since I had bedding and clothes in there. HELP! Is it too late and are these clothes permanently shrunken now? I know there are tons of threads and this has already discussed but I can't believe I failed at this!
TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
9/17 SA: count improved
TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
IUI#1 11/17 BFN
IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My first Mom fail

• I thought mine looked like they shrunk a bit too but I would think baby clothes are sized so they can be washed many times and still fit. I dried mine on low so I'm just hoping for the best! I'm a ftm so I have no words of wisdom just thought I would share!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• No you didn't fail!  Nearly everything will shrink at first wash/dry.  There is no possible way to hang dry all that tiny stuff.  
    My advice:  wash all clothing/sleeper gifts you get as soon as you get them.  Some of my 6-9 month stuff shrunk a whole size.  It's hard to go by size after first wash, but I just put stuff together that looked around the same size.  
    I wash almost everything in hot and rinse in cold - especially once there's poop stains, spit and all other smelly baby smells in the clothes.  They needed hot.  Then I dried on low.  After they've shrunk after the initial wash mine didn't shrink again.  If they did it was so minimal I didn't notice.  
    Better to shrink them before then to wash them when the outfit fits, and then have it shrink, never to be worn again! 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"