August 2013 Moms

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• LJUTCMommyLJUTCMommy member
    edited November 2013
    @LokiLahve I agree! We even made our own stock this year. I would be so bummed.

• I'm making a turkey breast this year because it's just DH, DD, myself, and my parents and none of us like dark meat but it's not the Jennie-O one or anything like that. Everything else is made from scratch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • @LokiLahve I agree! We even made our own stock this year. I would be so bummed.

I really am :(
    We live in md, DH's fam is in OH and mine is 2 hours away in KY. It sucks knowing we drove so far and I'm so close to my fam but we are here....eating processed turkey and Instant mashed potatoes.
    I feel like I'm being a Whiney brat on the day of thanks....but there are standards for food today damn it!

• Don't know of this is unpopular but it irks me when people randomly kiss LO. The only person that doesn't bother me when they do is DH. Even my parents it gets to me just a little. The in laws and just aquantances get me the most. I just feel like it a privelage not everyone is entitled to and plus I have no idea where their mouth has been or who else they've been kissing( especially in the flu season)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • I don't like Jennifer Lawrence! I just think she's kind of affected and annoying.

Also since having ds I've decided that I think adult outfits on babies aren't cute, ie suits and ties etc. I think ds looks way cuter in baby clothes.
    ETA: spelling

I'd have to disagree about the adult/baby clothes. Tyler looks freaking adorable in a bowtie.

Ditto @maritza707! My son looks amazing in all his *adult clothes*.

My UO: I hate *baby clothes*. They're boring as fuck.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do not like the Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown movie.
  • Oh here's a legit UO: I hate animation.
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• I don't wake my husband during motn feedings since I'm bfing. He can help in other ways during the day and there's no reason for us both to be tired.
    i dont wake him at al. 1) he's a hard sleeper and nearly impossible to wake up, but i enjoy time in MOTN with LO she seems her "happiest"

We can't be friends. :-(
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • I hate Smart Car's....I want to run them into a ditch when I see them

• LokiLahve said:
    @LokiLahve I agree! We even made our own stock this year. I would be so bummed.
    I really am :( We live in md, DH's fam is in OH and mine is 2 hours away in KY. It sucks knowing we drove so far and I'm so close to my fam but we are here....eating processed turkey and Instant mashed potatoes. I feel like I'm being a Whiney brat on the day of thanks....but there are standards for food today damn it!
    Instant mashed potatoes are disgusting.  That's what my MIL makes.  You literally add water and they puff up...sick.  How hard is it to boil a freaking potato and smash it up?

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • Bunnyfer said:

I hate Smart Car's....I want to run them into a ditch when I see them

Did you know they have some sort if secret club?? Seriously lol. My friend had one and whenever I was with her (I felt like I had to wear armour while in that thing) other people driving in smart cars would always wave at her. They must meet behind a Wendy's ever Saturday or something.... Smart car Saturdays
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

We can't be friends. :-(
    Haha, that's how most people feel. My husband loves it. I just never have liked it!

• Zarkoe said:

I don't like turducken

SO won't shut up about having a turducken next year for thanksgiving. So were probably going to give that a try because he literally talked to everyone about it lol.
  • LokiLahve said:

Oh ok, not only is there not an actual turkey but the mashed potatoes are premade in a giant tub from the store.

I love my IL's but COME ON! If you didn't want to cook you could have let us know, DH and I love cooking and would have been happy to take over.

I guess my OU is that thanksgiving dishes should all be made from scratch.

I totally agree! DH and I actually brought 2 pies and 2 side dishes to dinner because we weren't sure about the quality of dinner and wanted to make sure there were at least a few yummy things!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"