Baby Names
Options

Thoughts?

We found out yesterday that we're officially Team Blue!

We've been talking names since we were TTC, and it's tricky, because we have a lot of things we're looking for (from an origin that fits our backgrounds, has a meaning we like, and nickname options to something that's pronounceable but not common)

What do you think of Callan?  I hadn't heard of it until recently, so I'm interested to hear some takes on it.

Then, if you don't hate it, which do you think sounds better:  Callan Hugh, or Callan Rhys?

TIA- and Happy Thanksgiving!

Met my soul mate October 2011 ~ Married August 2012

BFP September 2013 ~ Our baby boy is due May 2014

Re: Thoughts?

• Options
    I like it :)
  • Options
    I find it awkward to say for some reason, but that is probably just me and my accent shining through. I personally prefer Kellen, but see nothing wrong with your choice. I do like Rhys in the mn spot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Callan is my son's name so I love it. We have to repeat it often but we get a good response. I like callan rhys
    Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Callan is just okay to me. I really like Callum though. Weird how one little sound makes a huge difference. 

This
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I personally prefer Kellen
    I actually really wanted Kellen back when we were first discussing names, but DH vetoed it.  Funny how after going around so many others, we've ended up with something so similar!

Callan is just okay to me. I really like Callum though. 
    I do like Callum as well, but for some reason it always makes me think of calamine lotion.  I know that's weird, but it prevented it from making the list.

Thanks for your thoughts!  Relieved there hasn't been any hatred so far :)  

• Options
    It's ok.  I prefer Callum, Rhys or Hugh as FNs.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    It's ok.  I prefer Callum, Rhys or Hugh as FNs.
    If it were just up to me, I'd probably have Rhys as the FN.  DH likes it as a MN, but wouldn't agree to it as a FN.

• Options
    I like it, and I think that Callan Rhys sounds like a good, strong name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"