August 2014 Moms

Wondfo/newb question

exhibitvexhibitv member
edited November 2013 in August 2014 Moms
This may be my PGAL-ness messing with me, but I've been testing with wondfos since Tuesday (when I got the faint positive with a wondfo but a clear positive with FRER). The wondfo is still very faint and may be even more faint then it was Tuesday. I'm using the first urine to test. I am making myself sick with worry. Is it normal for it to not get darker? My period isn't due until Saturday but I remember my tests being darker with my second pregnancy at this point.

Update to add: I just bought these last month but I noticed these have an expiration date of 11/2014.. So maybe that is part of the problem?

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
BFP#1 10/11/11 - DD born 6/6/12;   
BFP#2  7/6/13 - Due 3/8/13, MMC at 12w  D&C on 8/31/13;    
BFP #3  11/26/13 - Due 8/6/14
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wondfo/newb question

• A line is a line. The tests do not test how much hormone is in your urine just that it exists. The darkness of the line is just how much dye is in that particular test. Try not to stress. Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @jlynn62511

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just did the same thing. My lines happened to get darker but they increased in color about every other day. Maybe wait a day or two an try again?
  • I get darker lines later in the day than with FMU.

• Thanks for asking this. I was worried about that this morning
    Love 3.1.00 | Marriage 8.6.11 | Sophia Nicole 10/8/12 | Alexander Brian 8/3/14

• A line is a line. The tests do not test how much hormone is in your urine just that it exists. The darkness of the line is just how much dye is in that particular test. Try not to stress. Congrats!
    This. And also, I've found that especially wondfos really vary in the amount of dye they have. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Lurking from July14

The Wondfos I had did not show a for sure line until 19dpo. Before that they were more shadow looking. FRER gave me a definite positive at 10dpo. I also had better luck with SMU rather than FMU.

(Sorry for lack of paragraphs, I'm on my phone)
    --------------
    imageimage

M/C: 1/24/2010

Cecelia:11/22/10

CAUTIOUSLY expecting Jace in July August 2014

Old Bumpie, New name 
  • I had a lot of trouble with my tests too. I googled my batch number and apparently they are faulty. I got a refund from Amazon. I had betas drawn and my levels were more than doubling and the tests were crap. Definitely don't go off of them!
    2 kiddos and 3 precious angels 
    < Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • thanks to everyone who responded. It definitely made me feel a lot better. Happy Thanksgiving to all! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• My internet cheapies were doing the same thing to me, so I finally just bought better ones to end the stressing. Also, I test darker later in the day than with FMU, no idea why! But I agree with PP that it's probably just your tests. Stupid tests stressing us out!

Happy Thanksgiving! :)
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Mine have been the same way. A little googling made me see that this is a VERY common thing with Wondfo's. I'm putting them away. A line is a line :-)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am right there with you!!  I am about to throw away my Wondfo.  I got a GREAT line with my FRER but apparently that is not good enough for me. haha.  I am about to go by another pack of FRER and a digi just to maky myself happy.  I am so crazy!

BFP #1 5/26/11 - said goodbye to our DD at 13w on 7/29/2011 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #2 12/16/11 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #3 1/21/12 - Welcome Zoey Paige - 9/23/12! 
    BFP #4 11/27/13 - STICK BABY!
    married 7.26.08 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"