May 2013 Moms

Formula Question

Shoegal36Shoegal36 member
edited November 2013 in May 2013 Moms
So as per my previous post a few days ago, I started mixing formula into a bottle for my LO. I'm trying to give her at least one bottle per day so she gets used to them, and I can't get more than 2 oz when I pump so I decided to mix. She spit out the half and half bottle so I tried 1 oz formula and 4 oz BM and she drank it no problem. I'll gradually add more. 

I've been using pre-mixed formula bottles that I got free, but I also have a can of powder of the same brand. Is it ok to just switch from the liquid stuff to the powder all of a sudden? And if it's the same kind, it should taste pretty much the same...right? I'm just worried she will refuse it and I will waste 4 oz of BM. 

Also, it says on the can to boil the water you use to mix...is that just for newborns? Can I just use tap water?

Oh, and another thing. Is it ok to switch back and forth between the little pre-mixed bottles and the powder stuff? I bet they are expensive but would be really handy to take places. They are 3 oz bottles so it would be perfect for when she does eventually drink half and half. 

Sorry if these are dumb questions but this is all new to me! 
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Formula Question

• You probably don't need to boil the water (our pediatrician said it wasn't necessary) unless you have well water. Ask your pediatrician of you are concerned.

We never used the pre mixed bottles and have not found it inconvenient to use powder. All we do is keep a small can of formula in the diaper bag with a spare scoop and then you just have to get a little hot water and shake it up, nbd.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• We switch back and forth between the powder and ready made all the time and it's been no problem at all for us :)
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTA until 2014

• Loading the player...
  • We switch between powder and premade with no issues. I boil my water-- but I have well water. I put water in the kettle and boil it then let it cool. I use water out of the kettle until it's gone.
  • I switch between powder, concentrate or ready made. I use the same brand but buy whichever of the three that is on sale.
    I usually boil my kettle and then use that water all day but at least it has been boiled at one point and then I just turn it on to warm the water a little for her.

When I go places I just have a ziplock with powder in it for however many ounces and have boiling hot water in her bottle cause it usually is the prefect temperature by the time I need it and I just dump the powder in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"