January 2013 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving food fun for the kids

To follow up on a previous post, what foods are you excited to introduce to LO this Thanksgiving?

My DH is weirdly excited about introducing DS to mashed potatoes and gravy and I made a sugar free pumpkin-pie-like mash for DS and the other infant who will be joining us (pumpkin puree + spices + banana).  I'm going to offer DS turkey and peas, too, but he has been going through a food regression lately and will only eat purees, again, so we'll see.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Thanksgiving food fun for the kids

• Options
    We already had Thanksgiving dinner last weekend (Dh has to work 14 hours tomorrow). DD loved mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. I gave her a couple bites of pumpkin pie (she probably would have been happier if I had given her a whole slice, but no). We had turkey ham, she didn't even try it, she threw it on the ground.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We are going to let him try a little of everything except the broccoli cauliflower casserole, and that is only because it has condensed soup, cheese, bacon, and bisquick in it and i feel like that would be way too much on his little tummy. But he gets to try some turkey, sweet potato mash, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn casserole. And i will be baking up an apple for him with some cinnamon for later in the evening when we all have desert, since we will be having apple pie. I detest pumpkin. Bleck.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will probably get everything we try, we don't eat meat so no turkey but most of the non-dessert sides are fair game. She loves food, she's going to love today.
  • Options
    I'll probably let DS try everything that is grain free and nut free, but I'm also bringing a broccoli and pear mix that I made at home just in case he decides he doesn't want what we're having.  He's already tried pumpkin pie a few weeks ago, and he was a big fan.  I'm always in charge of bringing a pumpkin cheesecake, but I don't know if I'll let him have that.  I can hardly eat a sliver because it's so rich.

Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    they had a thanksgiving feast at dc yesterday where she had turkey sweet potatoes corn cranberry....they were giving her jar food but she knows what's up...they said she seemed to enjoy it all...
    and, after last nights diaper, i can confirm she did have corn....eww
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    As an update: DS refused to nap before Thanksgiving dinner and was Mr. Crabby-Pants while we were eating so everything ended up on the floor.  The next day, though, he happily ate the peas and turkey but hated the mashed potatoes.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO loved loved the mashed potatoes but wasn't the biggest fan of the turkey.
  • Options
    DS refused everything. Even sweet potatoes. He was in a pretty crabby mood though.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"