December 2013 Moms

My butt hates me.

My hemmorhoids have upgraded to the bleeding kind....yay for me. I had this at almost the exact same point with DD, so I'm not freaking out by any means, but can anyone remind me of some good home remedies for the discomfort? I have Tucks pads and I guess I'll start popping some Colace again. Don't feel much like calling the OB the day before Thanksgiving.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My butt hates me.

• I have no advice other than what you already mentioned, but just wanted to give you my sorries! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh I'm sorry :/  I had a bleeding one after DS1, it was a true pain in the ass!  Sitz baths or just sitting in a few inches of warm bath water helped a little, I'm pretty sure at some point I folded up a tucks pad and just left it between my cheeks for a little while.  Also, the Rx cream I got after DS2 was born worked really, really well.  I'm not sure if it's safe for pregnancy or not, but if not make sure you ask for some after delivery!  It might be worth a call to the OB if you think she could call you in something stronger than prep H.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wear a Prep H wipe in between my cheeks too. It helps a little.

I just wanted to add that LO had the hiccups last night and I could feel them in my hemorrhoids. The crazy things pregnancy does!
  • No advice here, just all the sorries :(

• Thanks ladies -- forgot about the sitz bath, I will try that tonight. And I agree that the Rx cream is amazing...I had that too after DD and it worked wonders! I think it might be only for postpartum use though...bummer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Epsom salt in a warm bath!
  • I like the Preparation H cooling gel too. And ditto on the Colace. My OB said I can take three a day.

• I feel your pain, mine are killing me! I've been soaking in a hot bath and using preparation H. My dr said there's not much you can do until lo comes then they should go away,
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• A nice warm bath can do miracles! Sorry it hurts!
  • bjhafner04bjhafner04 member
    edited November 2013
    I was having a horrrrrible time with my 'rrhoids a few days ago....the only thing that really helped was laying on my side for a few hours to take the baby's pressure off my pelvic veins. I'm afraid to poop cuz everytime I do the rrhoids hurt all day, and it's not even hard poop! :(
  • @swirl25 your poor butt! I thought I told you to keep it intact the other day when we were discussing castor oil?!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • My doc told me that creams are ok.  I use two, one called Peterson's Ointment and then they gave me one that I have been able to use via prescription that has been a lifesaver.  Beyond that pads and baths have been my life saver!!  Hope it subsides a bit for you.
  • I had them sooooo bad a couple of weeks ago, and when I called my doc's office the nurse told me to try this:
    Mix Epsom salt and water to a slushy consistency. Soak gauze pads in the mixture, then freeze. I also added witch hazel as an added antiseptic/soother. Cover the 'roids with the pads as needed. I would recommend using a panty liner or pad if you do this because obviously as it thaws out it leaks a bit. It worked wonders for me and my hemorrhoid (who my husband named Lloyd) disappeared the next day. Could be a coincidece, I dunno but the pads definitely helped!! Good luck!
  • Alternate hot and cold folded washcloths. If you can stand the temp, put crushed ice inside the cold washcloth.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"