October 2012 Moms
Options

Sickly child and Thanksgiving. WWYD?

Remember the "has baby been sick yet?" poll and I said that my girls haven't been sick yet? (And many of you probably wanted to punch me in the face?) I now have sick girl, and I'm guessing the other girl will probably get it as well. It's not really (e/affecting?) her mood yet, but she is congested, drooly, snotty and has that deep down cough that sounds terrible. I'd like to cancel all of our plans to travel for Thanksgiving because I don't want to make her more sick, and I don't want to make my nephews sick. My sister is insisting that we still come (two hour drive), but my mommy intuition says don't do it. You wouldn't do it, right? Opinions?

Also, if someone could advise on the use of affect vs. effect, it would be greatly appreciated. :) This gets me every time!

Re: Sickly child and Thanksgiving. WWYD?

• Options
    I would cancel because of the icky cough and be sad about missing Thanksgiving. Also, Emma got sick the week after that poll with a double ear infection, I think it was jinxed.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Yea... honestly for a cough and stuffy nose if my sister ok'd it we'd go. In fact, Raylan has a stuffy nose and it didn't even occur to me not to go.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Snotty nose and congestion, sure I'd go, but it's that cough I'm concernced about. She doesn't have a fever though, so maybe we'll play it by ear and see how she is in the morning.

• Options
    My LO had these exact same symptoms earlier this week and turns out, had an ear infection. Day 2 of antibiotics and will be taking her to my parents house tomorrow (no other kids).

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Without a fever I would still go if my family was ok with it, If her cough is still really bad in the morning then maybe stay home.

• Options
    I would play it by ear and make sure to use a humidifier tonight.
  • Options
    It would depend on how often you see your fam. IMO 2 hours each way with sick kiddos is too far.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I probably wouldn't do it if she was miserable. L has same symptoms (no fever) and the cough was the thing that made me want to stay home but he's in a perfectly fine mood but a little clingy. I did text my SIL bc she has a three month old but she said bring him. Our drive is only 40 mins though. Now sitting in backseat of car with sleeping L in car seat and my puking dog in my lap!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"