September 2012 Moms
Options

Should I panic?

I am 17 weeks prego and I took dd to the library. She was being a wild woman so when we left I bent down and put her on my knee to get her coat on and stood up from that position holding her as she was resisting. Well for the last 2 hours I've had a pain in my stomach. I just panic because I've went through so much w this pregnancy and it am last so I can't have something happen! I asked the nurse she said probably round ligament pain from strain not to worry. They tell me not to lift my daughter but I'm a SAHM and that is impossible especially going up and down stairs in and out of the car and in and out of places. Anyway would you worry?
Sorry mobile!

Re: Should I panic?

• Options
    I thought RLP as well, before you mentioned that's what the nurse said.  If you strain or even tear a ligament, you can feel the pain for a while afterward.  I really wouldn't worry- sounds like a pain for Mom that won't affect the baby at all. 
  • Options
    No, don't worry. You have had enough to worry about. Look at you being all over achiever and taking dd to the Library. I'm impressed! :)

It sounds like RLP to me, too! Give DD to DH tonight, kick your feet up and relax!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd worry because that is what I do, however I did have that happen with dd. I was also lifting the older kid with an attitude issue. Rest, drink lots of fluids, and take it easy. If it doesn't get better or gets worse, then you can get it checked out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Panic? No. But, if you still have the pain in the morning, then I'd probably call again & see what the dr. says.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This happened to me multiple times. :(  It hurts and makes you nervous, but I agree with PPs that it's more a concern for YOU than it is for baby.  Baby is well-protected in there.  I wouldn't worry unless it's a severe pain that doesn't get better with Tylenol or if it persists.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you everyone I'm doing better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"