Stay at Home Moms

Ridiculous Fears

Do you have any?

DD is watching TV and this commercial came on, there was a clown..  I told her to turn it off. She laughed at me. I had to walk out of the room. I have a stupid silly fear of clowns, they creep me out.  Like, I don't even wanna look at them.

I'm also insanely fearful of anything small with legs- minus children.  Spiders, ants, bees, etc.

What about you?
E+C
(+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
TTC

Re: Ridiculous Fears

• I can't think of anything that I really fear  necessarily. I, however, HATE fish. I don't mind eating fish, but I don't like live fish. They freak me out. We will never have a fish tank for this reason. My husband loves to go fishing and I can't go. Can't walk down the fish isles at the pet store. But, I can go to the aquarium. So weird. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dolls, especially vintage ones and ventriloquist dummies. Seriously. Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Not being able to move. The thought of straight jackets, being thrown into the trunk of a car or getting stuck freaks me the fuck out and makes me want to vomit. Pretty sure I would rather jump off of a cliff. Thats how bad it is.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Bugs. Spiders and roaches specifically.
    I grew up in Ohio, and roaches are not a common thing there, unless your dirty. Then a year ago when we moved to Alabama there were roaches everywhere. The house we were renting sat empty for a year with no pest control. I was seriously in tears when I called the pest control company. The little ones I can handle, but the giant ones I seriously want to run away screaming.
  • I have a fear of elevators. I will take the stairs any day!

Also- spiders and water bugs.

:((
  • Oh forgot to add roaches..... and water bugs, because water bugs=roach!111!!!!

• Oh forgot to add roaches..... and water bugs, because water bugs=roach!111!!!!

Exactly. Palmeto bug= roach. Doesn't matter what you call it just ew!
  • alexio06 said:
    Bugs. Spiders and roaches specifically.
    I grew up in Ohio, and roaches are not a common thing there, unless your dirty. Then a year ago when we moved to Alabama there were roaches everywhere. The house we were renting sat empty for a year with no pest control. I was seriously in tears when I called the pest control company. The little ones I can handle, but the giant ones I seriously want to run away screaming.
    SAME!!! I moved from Ohio to FL and have a love/hate relationship with FL. The water bugs are FREAKING gross. Our town home set empty too without pest control so when we moved in we sprayed a couple days before and the bugs we were finding made me not want to move in. I was horrified!

There are only 9 town homes in our court and we all told our landlord we needed a regular pest control service. And they FINALLY did. It should be mandatory!

And anyone who says, oh it's FL. Oh it's the south. bugs are part of it- GTFO.
  • hls19 said:
    I have a fear of elevators. I will take the stairs any day!

I'm SUPER afraid of elevators, too. If there are stairs, I will take.  Elevators make me shake. I have to close my eyes.  My 7 year old has to hold my hand.
    E+C
    TTC
  • Chapter79 said:
    hls19 said:

I'm SUPER afraid of elevators, too. If there are stairs, I will take.  Elevators make me shake. I have to close my eyes.  My 7 year old has to hold my hand.
    Yeah it's bad. The last time I was in an elevator I cried. It's so silly but I just can't.

In our dorm my freshman and sophomore year we lived on the 8th floor and I always took the stairs- even after we'd come back and I was wasted. My roommates were like uhhhh meet you up there. haha
  • rodents or anything rodent like.
  • hls19 said:
    Chapter79 said:
    hls19 said:

Yeah it's bad. The last time I was in an elevator I cried. It's so silly but I just can't.

In our dorm my freshman and sophomore year we lived on the 8th floor and I always took the stairs- even after we'd come back and I was wasted. My roommates were like uhhhh meet you up there. haha
    Yours may be a teeny worse, I won't cry :P  But I get clammy and extremely nervous.  If it's a VERY quiet one, or one that is smooth... I'm more OK.  If it's a loud one, and one that shakes more or something?  Not good.  I'm almost positive I will free fall and die.  And I swear.... if one ever stopped and I was in it, and the lights went off and I was stuck- I'm nearly positive I would die of a heart attack on the spot.  Not kidding lol. 
    E+C
    TTC
  • britt1430 said:
    Flying. I fly but it gives me the worst anxiety. Shakes, lightheaded feeling, upset stomach, nausea and heart palpitations. Just listening to planes take off at the airport before boarding causes symptoms. Watching plane crashes on tv gets my heart pounding. Also, cockroaches because they're fast and skitter.
    Planes for me, too. Very much so.  In line with elevators.  I'm pretty afraid of things that go up or down that I feel aren't supposed to. I feel we should be on the ground. And I'm scared of heights. And I get motion sick.  I'm a mess.
    E+C
    TTC
  • hls19 said:
    alexio06 said:
    SAME!!! I moved from Ohio to FL and have a love/hate relationship with FL. The water bugs are FREAKING gross. Our town home set empty too without pest control so when we moved in we sprayed a couple days before and the bugs we were finding made me not want to move in. I was horrified!

There are only 9 town homes in our court and we all told our landlord we needed a regular pest control service. And they FINALLY did. It should be mandatory!

And anyone who says, oh it's FL. Oh it's the south. bugs are part of it- GTFO.

We moved again a few months ago, and I told my husband I wouldn't move somewhere that didn't have at least quarterly pest control. Luckily we found a nice town home that comes with pest control because I wasn't going through that awfulness again.
  • Ghosts/paranormal stuff...what's weird is I actually have a huge fascination with it...I love ghost stories, pictures, paranormal movies etc....LOVE it....but the thought of actually seeing one, being near one, being in a haunted house...paralyzing fear.  I told DH if I ever saw anything in our house I would take the kids that minute, leave and never set foot in it again, not even to pack.

It's actually the reason our house is new construction...no joke.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Snakes. It doesn't matter if it is just a picture, or if it is IRL. They creep me out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • feffy11 said:
    I like roller coasters and flying, but ladders, forget about it. I can't even stand on a chair without getting dizzy and freaked out.

I hate talking on the phone. It has to do with living in places with such crappy signal, and getting all worked up about a phone call going right. Now, I get anxious about the unknown, the ringing, awkward pauses, etc.

I used to be scared of going over bridges.
    I have a phone fear, too.  Last night when I had to call the doctor/nurses voice mail to leave a message saying I needed different meds for DD, I had to rehearse the conversation like 3 times.  Then it came out nothing like I intended, and my voice shakes.  That's why I text.

Wow, I realize I have way too many stupid fears.
    E+C
    TTC
  • I generally like insects, but caterpillar nests give me the heeby jeebies so bad. I can't even look at them... When we were camping one summer, some kid told me that if you stand underneath a caterpillar nest and one falls into your eye, you'll go blind, and it scared me sh!tless. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Kimbus22 said:

Dolls, especially vintage ones and ventriloquist dummies. Seriously. Kill it. Kill it with fire.

Not being able to move. The thought of straight jackets, being thrown into the trunk of a car or getting stuck freaks me the fuck out and makes me want to vomit. Pretty sure I would rather jump off of a cliff. Thats how bad it is.

My brother and I were in the basement going through things after my dad died a couple of months ago.  We found this neat old antique trunk and pried it open.  We lift the lid and both scream and fling ourselves backwards.  Full of naked, antique, straight out of a horror movie baby dolls.  Horrid.

Birds for me. I fucking hate birds. I scream when they come near me.

Oh gawd, add roaches to that story and that would be my worst nightmare.

• One of the main reasons I don't want to go on the Disney cruise we had planned for Spring Break is I can't imagine being stuck in that tiny room with a 15 week old...the other is that I'm afraid I'll drop him overboard. 

Yeah. 
  • Kimbus22 said:

Dolls, especially vintage ones and ventriloquist dummies. Seriously. Kill it. Kill it with fire.

My brother and I were in the basement going through things after my dad died a couple of months ago.  We found this neat old antique trunk and pried it open.  We lift the lid and both scream and fling ourselves backwards.  Full of naked, antique, straight out of a horror movie baby dolls.  Horrid.

Birds for me. I fucking hate birds. I scream when they come near me.
    Ummm...was your dad Stephen King or Hitchcock? Super creepy. LOL

Oh and I hate birds.
  • alexio06 said:
    I'm not sure I should tell you this, but the giant ones are WAY better than the little ones. Giant- harmless tree bug, Tiny- dirty nasty one. 
  • KateMW said:
    alexio06 said:
    I'm not sure I should tell you this, but the giant ones are WAY better than the little ones. Giant- harmless tree bug, Tiny- dirty nasty one. 

I think they are all gross and dirty! The thing is I know they won't hurt me or anything, but they are so nasty looking and big! My husband would laugh at me because I would seriously freak out when I would see one. Luckily at our new place I've only seen one big one and a few little ones. they were making my anxiety terrible.
  • Sagen said:
    Blankets over my head, it freaks me out!  
    I can't run with a full face mask (even last weekend in -13 temps).  I feel like I am going to suffocate. 
  • Spiders are #1 at the top of the list.  Absolutely awful, paralyzing fear.

Not as scary, but still scary enough to be worth mentioning:

Roller coasters, specifically any that have steep drops - what is WRONG with people, that shit is so not fun.
    Driving over bridges - I'm afraid that I'll drive off the side.
    Planes taking off and landing - I'm fine for the rest of the flight, but the ohmygodwe'regonnadie panic takes hold during the beginning and the end.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• KateMW said:

One of the main reasons I don't want to go on the Disney cruise we had planned for Spring Break is I can't imagine being stuck in that tiny room with a 15 week old...the other is that I'm afraid I'll drop him overboard. 

Yeah. 
    We went on a cruise last year with my parents and siblings and I seriously hated it. I felt trapped. 3 kids and us in this tiny crawl space of a room. I considered flying home from the first port and wondered how angry my family would be! I am not even claustrophobic but I couldn't wait to get off that damn boat.

I was afraid that a kid would fall over too. DS was 2 and people leave chairs close to the rail on the deck. Uggh it was not fun.
  • I am afraid of horses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"