November 2013 Moms
Options

AW: go me! induction pushed back! :)

background: after being told I would be allowed to go up to 10 days past my due date (Dec 5), I was set for induction at 7 days past my due date (wanted me to go in for cervadil on Dec 2).  I was not OK with this, but I suck as standing up for myself in the dr's office. 

I had my NST this morning, and after working through a lot of emotions since Monday, was able to calmly sit down with my doctor, discuss risks and benefits of being induced, I was able to convince them to push my induction back from Dec 2 to "on the wait list" for Dec 5 (they're overbooked, apparently) - so I may not even get in on the 5th, but they're OK with that as long as my NSTs and amniotic fluids look good.  I go for another NST on Tuesday (3rd).  The doctor I saw today was much more understanding that my mom went late with all 3 of her's and was still able to have natural deliveries with all of us.

I'm proud of myself for being able to stand up, and being able to discuss this rationally with my dr.  Yeah, it's only 3 days, but I'm so much more comfortable with this decision!

Re: AW: go me! induction pushed back! :)

• Options
    Woohoo ladies!!! I'm sure that was tough to do-- standing up to the doc. My DD1 came on her own 8 days late and I purposefully switched to a midwife at 30 weeks because she'd let me go a full 2 weeks after my EDD before inducing. Sometimes these babies need a bit more time!
  • Options
    Good for you for standing up for yourself! I know how hard that can be, especially when it comes to doctors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"