August 2013 Moms

Mommy brain

It might be for going back to work or some sleep regression on LO's part but for whatever reason I have had some major cases of mommy brain lately. So I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

The other day in less than an hour I left our trunk open at one store, almost left my car door open at another, the fridge door open at home...

*wondering, first we had pregnancy brain now we have mommy brain so what type of brain comes next??*

Re: Mommy brain

• Lol I am not so bad anymore but for a while there I was leaving everything on top of the car and not realizing it until it would fall off down the road or people would wave me down. :\">
  • I haven't been too bad....but it seems like I constantly do walk upstairs to get something, and when I reach the top of the stairs, I forget what it was that I was coming to get. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is a hazard really, I leave things on the stove top while cooking and forgot.
    I burnt eggs yesterday and leave pots of water boiling for a long time
  • I've forgotten the time and date for LO's doctor appointment. So I called them, made sure to write it on the calendar. Went to check when it was a few days later, nope, not on the calendar. Had to call them back and ask again.

Not the first time that's happened.

• It takes forever for our water to heat up in the kitchen. So I turned it on before washing some dishes. 10 mins later, I'm sitting in the living room and wondering where the water noise is coming from.
  • The other day LO farted and I said "bless you baby!" Definitely wasn't a sneeze! 8-}
  • Mine is REALLY freakin' bad.

I'm terrified of having my children out of the car in parking lots just because people don't look at all and my toddler is lower than the hood of any car. I carry both of them when we are in parking lots, but have to set DD1 down to open the door and I can't buckle her in while holding LO. After LO's dr. appointment I tossed my toddler into her seat and went around to put baby in. I got her buckled and got in the front seat, buckled up, started the car, checked the mirror and backed out. Imagine my horror when I rechecked my rearview mirror and see the face of my REARFACING toddler smiling back and me. I screamed and pulled back into my parking spot. I ran around and buckled her in and then sat there for a minute till my heart dropped out of my throat.

Now I do things total different so I know it won't happen again. I realize I may get flamed for this but IDGAF. It could happen to anyone.

• My brain is total mush. This weekend I was frantically searching for my keys in the grocery store parking lot, convinced I had dropped them somewhere. Nope, I was holding them.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Jill9288 said:

My brain is total mush. This weekend I was frantically searching for my keys in the grocery store parking lot, convinced I had dropped them somewhere. Nope, I was holding them.

I do that all the time! Or I'll be talking on my phone and be looking for it at the same time..
  • I need two things from Target and for the life of me I can't remember the second thing.
  • @Bellaoso You are not alone! I have done that as well. Backing out of a space and DS, then 3 says, Mommy you forgot something... I double check everyone now!
  • Jill9288 said:

My brain is total mush. This weekend I was frantically searching for my keys in the grocery store parking lot, convinced I had dropped them somewhere. Nope, I was holding them.

I do that all the time! Or I'll be talking on my phone and be looking for it at the same time..
    OMG I do both of those at least once a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I need two things from Target and for the life of me I can't remember the second thing.

Stort. Of. My. Life. Right here

I'm find it hard forming semi intelligent sentences at work. Simple words just slip my mind and I'm constantly bumbling through meetings, it's embarrassing. I've never had public speaking issues, and I'm not shy...mommy brain just stole my vocabulary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"