High-Risk Pregnancy

Wednesday bed rest checkin

Good morning ladies! Happy hump day!

How did everyone sleep?

Milestones, appt, updates?

Qotd: what's your favorite color?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: Wednesday bed rest checkin

• I slept ok. I was awake for a while after waking up to take my medicine. Eventually I was able to fall back asleep.

I went in for my appt yesterday and was contracting pretty consistently on the monitor, so they sent me to triage. Thankfully I was able to go home after a few hours. In triage I was contracting 3-8 minutes. I received steroids for baby and they did a speculum exam and my cervix appeared close/long/ and far back (thank god). They did a UA and they found that I have a uti which is most likely the culprit of my contractions. I received a dose of terb to stop them and it wiped them out. They were ok with sending me home since the terb took care of the contractions and that my cervix looked so good. So now I have some antibiotics to take along with  my slew of other medications. I hope they kick in quickly on this uti to help these contractions go away. I am still having contractions (i always do tho, its still more than my norm) But they said I will contract more with the uti but if they get more intense, I have bleeding, they are more frequent then I have to go back.

Today I have to go back to the office for  my second steroid shot. 

My favorite color is a dark purple. I also like black as well.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• @Roses: I hope the meds kick in soon and you get comfortable soon.  
    @mrssturm:  I'm sorry you're in so much pain!  I can't imagine.  Maybe taking away all of that stuff will bring some comfort.  

No updates for me.  I was up from 3-4:something after going to bed at midnight then up at 7..choppy sleep.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe I am preparing for what sleep is like with a baby.  ;)

I tend to like cherry colors like yellow, pink, and orange but I wear a lot of charcoal gray and black.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Roses-Glad you were able to come home.  I hope those meds knock that UTI out soon!
    @Mrsstrum-I wish all those services helped, but glad they stopped if they are just causing more pain.  Hope you get relief soon too.
    @JandM-Hope tonight is a better night for you.

Slept okay, baby is very active right when I turn out the lights (of course), so it takes me a while to fall asleep.  Good news is I'm down to 2 finger sticks per day for my GD because my numbers have been so good!  Sorry if I wrote that yesterday, my memory is failing me miserably!  To celebrate I treated myself to some pumpkin pie :-) 

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

QOTD: I love the color purple too, but I wear a lot of black.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"