1st Trimester
Options

Can horomones change how my skin reacts to certain face washes?

I have had very sensitive skin in the last few years. It actually got better when I went off of birth control back in 2011. Since I've found out I am pregnant my skin is really dry and after I wash my face (usually only when I am in the shower) my face is bright read and itchy. I have been using the same face wash for a few months now because I did not have a reaction to it. When I was my face at night it doesn't get red but it does feel really tight and dry. Has anyone else had this happen? If you have was there a certain type of face wash you used that helped or a moisturizer that helped?

Re: Can horomones change how my skin reacts to certain face washes?

• Options
    With my first pregnancy I developed a latex allergy...I miscarried and the allergy went away. So, I'm sure its possible that a regular skin product you use can cause problems now
    BabyFruit Ticker

June '14 February Siggy Challenge
    Picture of DH and I on top of Mayan ruins, Altun Ha, in Belize

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Not pregnant, but my skin has gone wacko since the weather changed here really suddenly. If you have your heat on, that can make your skin get dry really fast. A lot of people use Cerave or Cetaphil, I've just switched to using Ponds Cold Cream at night to take my make-up off. I wipe it off with a washcloth and leave some on the really dry spots and cover with moisturizer. I was a totally flaky tight red mess around my nose and it's at least 80% better. Jergens makes one as well. Also, if you use a powder foundation, maybe switch to something more liquid.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use coconut oil (very very little) for dryness, thats all I use as moisturizer. You should try that, its seriously done wonders for my sensitive dry/oily/acne prone skin. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"