May 2013 Moms

Those who make baby food..

How do you heat the food up after refrigerating/freezing? It the biggest thing I'm unsure about. I don't want to use the microwave..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC #2:
March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

Re: Those who make baby food..

• I let it sit out to get to room temp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • I let it sit out and if it still cold i put hot water in a bowl and put the food container inside and change the water out maybe 2 or 3 times. 

Someone told me to boil water and then put it in but i didnt like the temperature I got. I like leaving it out a lot better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I used to put it in a tiny Tupperware and then into hot water but that took too long. Now I microwave it. I put it in microwave safe container and do it on a really low power level like 3. Once it's luke warm I add the BM and any oatmeal.
  • Our bottle warmer is also a jar warmer, but it only works so so. I'm a microwaver.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't started yet put I plan to do the bowl of water thing. I'm going to try using water from my Keurig because it's nice and hot but doesn't take as long as boiling. 
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use hot water and place my food bowl in there but if I simply don't have time I microwave it for 20 seconds. It doesn't take very long because I thaw it, in the fridge, the night before.

• I leave it out to thaw and serve at room temp.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• I use hot water and place my food bowl in there but if I simply don't have time I microwave it for 20 seconds. It doesn't take very long because I thaw it, in the fridge, the night before.
    Same here. The spoons we use change colors if the food is too hot, so even if we microwave it, we make sure the spoon doesn't change colors at all before we give it to her.
  • We were doing boiled water, but it was taking a bit of time and she wasn't having it after she knew what was happening... We now microwave 50% power for 20/30 seconds straight from freezer. We also have spoons that change color so its not too hot when we give it to her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"