Multiples
Options

Twin PNP or two separate?

So, our plan is to keep the babies in our room for the first few months. DD was in our room in a PNP for four months. My plan was just to get a 2nd PNP for our room but then I discovered the twin PNP that Graco makes with two napping bassinets. In theory, I love this idea but wondering if the babies would be too close and separate PNPs would be better? Thanks for your input!

Re: Twin PNP or two separate?

• Options
    I am not a big fan of PNP for long term/daily use because they are just not that comfortable for baby and none of my kids slept well in them. My plan is to have a rock n play for each baby. They are the best! Or if you are not a fan of those then I would recommend getting bassinets or small cribs from ikea.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    I have the twin PnP. When I get my boys home tomorrow I will let you know what I think about it. We also have a second one downstairs but we will bring it to our room if necessary until we switch to cribs. Looking at it set up it didn't seem like it would sag but I will give it a test run see if that is true or not. :)

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm registered for the twin pnp and also 2 rnps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Options
    I got 2 b/c they can both sleep in the bassinet of a regular PNP for a while (isn't the weight limit the same on the regular and twin version or has that changed?) and you might consider what else you'll use a PNP for. Our families didn't buy cribs so we had to take our PNPs with us when we visited.
  • Options
    caden said:

I got 2 b/c they can both sleep in the bassinet of a regular PNP for a while (isn't the weight limit the same on the regular and twin version or has that changed?) and you might consider what else you'll use a PNP for. Our families didn't buy cribs so we had to take our PNPs with us when we visited.

I agree that we need two... We already have one so I'm trying to decide if I get the more expensive twin one and use just one in our room for the first few months (the other can be used somewhere else in the house) or get a standard one, which I can get for a fraction of the cost or from a friend. Just wondering if the twin one is worth it.

• Options
    Oh ok. I thought you were deciding between 1 twin one or 2 regular ones. I never had a need for a twin one but that's just me.
  • Options
    I got one from Craigslist brand new bc the mama had received two for her shower and decided to keep only one. Apparently has no idea what it cost ($220) bc she sold to me for $85. We saw hers also and I asked her about the sagging. She said she has never had that issue and was surprised to hear it.
    So I'm going to see how that goes or use for naps and RnPs for sleeping?
    Also the twin pnp is a LOT bigger than a regular pnp. Requires XL sheets too. The bassinets were so much bigger than I thought, also. Two NB could easily fit in one.
  • Options
    I would get two, not only you avoid the sagging part but also they might wake each other up with their kicking, moving around, breathing heavily... so close to each other... BTW, I really recommend using the MamaDoo Kids mattress topper for much needed extra comfort. It makes a huge difference in their sleep! It folds in 3 also so it is sooo convenient!! Now they have a fall sale in their website, BTW.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who plans to keep both babies in one PNP in our room??
  • Options

I thought about doing this at first but have heard/read the babies sleep better separately (but I'm sure it just depends on the babies). I plan to ask our pediatritian about the safety of having them together at first. I will prob try a few diff. options at first and see what works best. This is so much more complicated than planning to bring home just one baby! :)
  • Options
    I'm considering buying one off of another twin mom for about $100 - thoughts? worth it? Even if we only use it as a play pen when they are little enough to fit in it. (we plan to have them sleep in their cribs from night #1 because apparently I am cruel) 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    We are moving one of their cribs into our bedroom and having them sleep together.  We have friends who just had twins and she said that they don't wake each other up if they are touching each other.  If one cries to be fed, they wake up the other one to be fed also.  I am not sure if they are separate if they wake each other up, but I decided to keep them together so they can feel close and comfy.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    That is what I did with my girls until about 2 weeks ago, they now sleep in their own cribs in their room.  They actually slept better together for the first few months than when we had them separate.  I also havnt had any issues with my PNP sagging but my girls are also pretty small still so that may have something to do with it.
    We still use the PNP for naps and I used it when they got their shots and weren't feeling well.
    Evelyn & Jocelyn   9/19/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"