Parenting
Options

Co-sleeping. This is not to start a debate

I'm not trying to start a debate but.... do you do it? DD is pretty good about STTN (she's almost 4 but wakes at night about 1/3 of the time). If she wakes I usually bring her in bed with me and she will sleep until 7:30am. (late as fuck for her as she's usually up by 6am..sometimes earlier). I put her in her bed at 8pm and she goes to bed no problem but sometimes she's up in the middle of the night and will ask to come in my bed. I don't mind as I don't sleep well to begin with, regardless of DD in bed with me or not.

Re: Co-sleeping. This is not to start a debate

• Options
    Yes, although we're trying to get him out of our bed. He wakes up less when he sleeps in our bed, and we both like sleeping through the night rather than having to get up and comfort him.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. He was in his crib for 2 months from 8-10 month. But then he got a cold and now he's working on teeth. I'm hoping to move him back soon. But I honestly love bed sharing as the snuggles.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • Options
    When he was really young, there were some times he'd wake up super early and I'd bring him to bed with us, but it was never anything regular.  There were plenty of times that I wished my kid would have slept in the bed with us so that I could get a little more sleep, but he never would.  It was like instant playtime.

• Options
    @ShakeyJakey- love those snuggles too! And I love watching DD sleep :)
  • Options
    We never have, but I really don't want to share my bed. We have tried a couple of times in desperation, but the kid just thinks our bed is party time.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    We do, but it started because I couldn't sleep in bed after my C-section, so I held him while we slept since he nursed a lot at first and I couldn't get up off the couch without help. He STTN right now if he sleeps with us and sleep is good for both mama and baby right now. I'm trying to transition but it's not going well right now even though the PNP is in our room.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Pips09 said:
    We never have, but I really don't want to share my bed. We have tried a couple of times in desperation, but the kid just thinks our bed is party time.

Pretty much this exactly. We couldn't bedhare even if we wanted to, but no judgment for those who do it.

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    We do whatever works to get everyone the most sleep.  DD especially was a horrible sleeper when she was younger so she was in our bed a lot because she would sleep better that way.  Now she thrashes about and talks in her sleep and I cannot sleep at all if she's in our room, so back to her bed she goes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Neither one of my kids liked sleeping with us.

<----------Lucky ducky
  • Options
    My kid is the opposite of every single kid ever and sleeps worse when we cosleep. We did a combo of RnP and cosleeping until he was 7 months. He slept much better when we moved him to his crib. To this day, if we try to cosleep, he'll wake up frequently through the night and wakes early in the morning.

So we never do it unless forced, like camping or sharing a bed in someone's house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't. DD never sleeps with us---except on vacation (and that is a recent thing). She seriously believes our bed is playtime for her---and even if she is up super early and we bring her into the room, she doesn't relax or go back to sleep. She just plays. And plays. So for our family it never would work. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    DD1 bed shared with us until she was 2. She always slept great and we all got sleep so it worked. Before DD2 was born we moved her to her own bed. DD2 now sleeps in her crib for a few hours and then I bring her into our bed. Sometimes DD1 has nightmares occasionally and she will come sleep on our floor.

Do what works for your family!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    DD was a great sleeper. She won't lay down in the bed with us at night and sleep. Plus, she sleeps like a wild animal and moves a ton. DS is six months and sleeps in bed with us almost every night. He starts in his pNp in our room, but usually stays after his first wake up. I said I would never sleep with a baby, but getting up all through the night sucks.
  • Options
    Ds sleeps better in his own bed, whenever I bring him in bed with me to get a little more sleep it never is pleasant. I can't stand sleeping with a kid in the bed with me, I barely like having dh in there. I need my own space to sleep.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We co-slept with both our girls when the were nursing and when they get up super early they come to our bed to watch cartoons. The both have been independent sleepers though since about 18 mos without any awakenings in the night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We Co sleep. It works for us. I try to move her to her bed, but we sleep better with her in our bed right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So, I feel like at one and a half, our bed is already getting small for the three of us. How do y'all that have bigger kids make it work? King? California King?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    DS slept in our bed until he was 4 months old and transitioned well into his crib. My SDs coslept with their mom but were not allowed to cosleep with us (we were unmarried and living together...we just thought it was a whole can of worms with his ex wife/possibly the court). They would cry a little the first week at our house and then settle in just fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When she was little and I was BFing I would often fall asleep during the last feeding with her on the boob. I always made sure the conditions were safe for co-sleeping though. 

The last couple of weeks she has been getting up in the middle of the night and coming into our room.  I hate to start a habit, but I just get so much more sleep if I just let her come in rather than try to put her back to sleep in her room for 4 hours (which has happened a bunch of times.)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    meaglamillionmeaglamillion member
    edited November 2013
    Part of the night. Usually when he wakes up at 4:30am I bring him to bed with us. I'm just too tired not to.

imageimage
  • Options
    Add one more to the my kid doesn't like it pile. When she was 4-5 months I often ended up holding her and us both sleeping in the rocker (lots of ear infections), but now she sleeps great in her crib. If she wakes up early on a weekend and we try to bring her in bed with us, she either announces that she's ready for breakfast or tries to make our sheets into a tent. No sleeping.

I think it's fine if it works got everyone. Dh is a very bad, very light sleeper and I don't think he could've slept with a little baby in our bed.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have had mornings where I desperately bring her into bed with me to get a few more minutes of sleep but nope she just won't do it.

She won't sleep in our bed and she doesn't like it if we try to sleep in her room. Which is rough on nights when she was sick or she is seeming to have nightmares where she needs to be consoled but doesn't wake up until she is frantic. All in all I am glad she sleeps In her own bed well but sometimes it would be so much easier if she would climb in bed with me and sleep a little longer.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    I have off and on with all three DC when they were little.  I figure, to each is their own.  If it works for you, great! If your totally against it, that's great too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"