November 2012 Moms

Something You Thought You'd Never Do as a Parent

It's a rainy, slow work day and I need entertainment. What's something you have done/do as a parent that you never thought you would do. 

Re: Something You Thought You'd Never Do as a Parent

• I never thought I'd BF past a year and I never thought I'd become so crunchy, but I love it and am not looking back :)

• I never thought I would give in so easily.  I'm very stubborn, but DD just melts me away.  Its very hard sometimes not to give her what she wants.  (like begging for snacks or the pacifier).

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @datagirl79 I'm kinda bad about that too...especially at night.

Oh, and I never thought I'd bed share. We did that until she was 4 months old. 

• beane4018 said:

pobrecita said:

Bed share for sure. We didn't do it regularly, but it definitely saved my sanity there for a while. I was very against it before I had a baby.

This exactly.
    Thirding this one.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We don't bed share, but secretly, I think I would love it. Although DD is all over her crib at night, so I probably wouldn't. 

I imagine it as all happy snuggley.

Abby born 11/5/12 

• Use a pacifier.
  • Own so much crap...
  • Jenner37 said:
    Own so much crap...
    Yes!!

• +MeganS+ said:
    Be a SAHM
    I want to be a SAHM and I never thought I would want to. Hopefully by baby #2 :)

• Jenner37 said:
    Own so much crap...

This would be DH's reply.  He refused to registered for things because he didn't think we needed all that crap.  Ha!  We have all of that and then some!

Abby born 11/5/12 

• I never thought I would have such a hard time hearing her cry.  I always said "kids cry, they eed to figure it out" but I cannot seem to get on board to getting her to put herself to sleep.. and I regret my inability

I never thought I would be sooo anti clutter

I never thought I would work so hard when she naps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• So.much.laundry!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• let baby cry it out.

best decision we ever made; she quickly learned how to fall asleep on her own and bed and naptime is now a nonissue. 

• Look at every single expense in the context of someone else's future. It's odd, but I look at anything off budget as money that belongs to LO. This is particularly strange given I don't have much put away for retirement.
  • I would never have imagined the heart racing panic I feel when she cries out - or how irritated I would be with people who talk over top of my baby crying or complaining. She's talking. Wait your turn!
  • I never imagined that I would stop making Friday night plans for more than a year and not notice until just now.
  • pobrecita said:

Bed share for sure. We didn't do it regularly, but it definitely saved my sanity there for a while. I was very against it before I had a baby.

I should have done it more! M's heater is acting up again so we've been bringing her in from her crib once she's asleep and I have to say it would have made things easier v
  • Let my one year old watch a few minutes of tv here and there so I can get stuff done like cook or dress for work.
  • Bed sharing.  HELLO!!!  with my first husband and my first two DDs nope never ever was that going to happen.  Then many years later got divorced and re married had another DD and wasn't going to be share but it happened.  Then we had another DD and she bed shares with us more then DD3 did.

Oh well no regrets.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bed sharing, using the tv as a distraction tool
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh yeah and I never thought my stroller would look as crummy as mine does... you have to take apart the stroller to wash the seat!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• maven212 said:
    I would never have imagined the heart racing panic I feel when she cries out - or how irritated I would be with people who talk over top of my baby crying or complaining. She's talking. Wait your turn!
    LOL. Seriously? This made me laugh.

Happy it made you giggle :) It really does drive me nuts.  It kind of feels like two people are yelling at me at once. Plus, and I realize this might mean I'm actually crazy, but it really feels impolite. She's trying to urgently communicate with me, and someone else is talking over her to tell me about their bunions. It's worse when the other person gets exasperated because I can't pay attention to both a crying baby and them at the same time. Then I just feel like saying  "stuff your bunions. She's a baby. You're an adult. She has to come first. Get over it".   
  • Something else I never would have imagined doing - spending hours looking at rashes online.
  • ...and becoming completely desensitized to the strange things that come up in Google images when you just search "baby rash"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"