3rd Trimester
Options

Achy legs at night, anyone else?

Hi ladies,

I'm experiencing a new symptom-- achy legs at night. My legs couldn't feel more sore & it makes it difficult to fall asleep because it is painful. All day I feel fine, it's just at night when I lay down. Anyone else experiencing this? If so what week are you & what do you do to alleviate pain?

Thank you.

Re: Achy legs at night, anyone else?

• Options
    I felt this way late into both my pregnancies. The only thing that helped me was to prop my feet up and to rub my legs. They didn't hurt every day though, just here and there. 
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I keep reading it happens late in pregnancy & I'm not late... I'm only 28 weeks. I wonder why this is happening so darn early?! I never had this symptom with my last pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well to me, late can mean third trimester! I always think that there are worse things that could be happening and that helps me not be so bothered by it. :)
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am 37 weeks and for the last few weeks I've been waking up in the middle of the night sometimes with achy legs.  It makes it hard to fall back to sleep.  I think it has something to do with my sleep position because once I wake up and get moving it goes away.

You could try a tylenol or maybe some stretching.
  • Options
    I am almost 34 weeks and I have been having horrible achy legs and hips the past couple weeks!  Its mostly when I lay on my right side (the side i mostly lay on) and then it will subside after a little while when I turn over and lay on the left side! 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I actually got achy legs last night and what helps is heating up my bed buddy.  You know those reheatable bean bag things?  I place it between my legs (below my knee) and it feels great.  I always end up falling asleep!
  • Options
    YES!! Just with this second pregnancy. I'd say my achy legs started around 34 weeks. Sometimes it would be very painful to walk. I would also have pain when I slept and would have to move my legs in and out of bed. I just dealt with it. I tried to rest and or stretch those muscles.
  • Options
    Snap! I am 37+2 and as soon as I fall asleep I'm woken by the horrible achy leg thing! Only in my right leg though? I think it's to do with the baby lying in nerves in your pelvis? If I get up and walk around it soon disappears but it's really not pleasant. Not long now ladies- hang in in there! X
  • Options
    Yes! I have to get up and walk when they get really bad and then prop them up when I want to "try" to lay down again, and for the most part only at nights this happens. My dh tries to rub them as much as he can so I can sleep. Gl to you!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes!!!! What the heck right?!?! I try stretching, I'm 39 weeks.
  • Options
    I've been having the worst leg pains the past week or so. Also @georgie1987 it's usually only in my right leg as well. Occasionally my left but rarely.
  • Options
    Ugh, been having achy legs and cramping... also sharp pinching pains along the underside of my buttocks and lower back and back down to my thighs - not only at night but throughout the day too... went to the OB this afternoon and learned that I have sciatica... am probably going to try physical therapy as this is what my OB referred me to. 
  • Options
    Not pleasant :( so close now girls- hold on in there! X
  • Options
    I'm 32 weeks, and it started last night for me... I was sitting on the couch and I just couldn't get comfortable they were aching so much, and then while sleeping, they just started to hurt. I put a pillow in between them, and it felt a little better, but it's just not fun.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I'm the lucky one who's started wayyy early!! I'm 29 weeks now and experience this every night, when last pregnancy I never felt this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"