January 2013 Moms

Gift idea help

I need some help on creative gifts. I need gifts for my nieces and nephews, ages range from 4 years to 8 years old. I am looking for something more creative, but not expensive ($10 - $15 each) but not toys as most of the kids get everything they want and dont need more "junk" toys . Any one have any ideas?

Re: Gift idea help

• My nieces (4&8) are really into the game UNO right now. My new thing though is giving the gift of time because my nieces don't need more stuff either. So instead I plan a day for just us. Maybe happy meals and a movie or just a movie or a day in a park. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Books?  Puzzles? Clothes?  I love Melissa and Doug toys.  Last year I got my 3.5 year old nephew a sicker book from M&D and it was a hit.  Craft supplies and dress up clothes are other options.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • What about something like this?

https://www.landofnod.com/art-and-craft-jar/s662895

I made my own for my niece's birthday and just used a 31 caddy and bought all of the different supplies. I also like to buy books for them. Or I also bought these reusable sticker play scenes from Barnes and Noble for them this year.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• My nieces (4&8) are really into the game UNO right now. My new thing though is giving the gift of time because my nieces don't need more stuff either. So instead I plan a day for just us. Maybe happy meals and a movie or just a movie or a day in a park. Good luck!
    This year I have asked my family for the gift of time and that's what I'm giving more than anything else. I have little memories of all of the "stuff" people gave me as a kid but more from what we did together. We are going to Disney Jr Live, movies, and have cookie baking parties, game nights, and other fun things. I'll get them something that matches what the activity would be so they still have something to open, vitally important when you're a kid, but the main thing will be having fun together.

I also don't want DS to get so hung up on "stuff" where it's the family that is the best gift and getting to do things with them is priceless.  This is my new Christmas tradition.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"