January 2013 Moms
Options

Black Friday. Will you or won't you?

So.. Here is the thing. Like a lot of people, money is tight for us this year. I need to cut costs for christmas, especially since i am shipping everything home. There are some kick a$$ black friday sales in my area this year, and i can get all the supplies i need to finish my knitted wares for a steal of a price, plus pad DS's wardrobe on the cheap. But to do so, my husband has to go with me because i'm not medically cleared to drive. We have no friends or family near us, so that mean's bring DS. I would wear him to protect him and keep him warm as well as wrap him in a blanket, but i am wondering if this is a horrible idea. WWYD? 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Black Friday. Will you or won't you?

• Options
    I will be shopping online. I've never done Black Friday shopping because I don't like all the crowds and craziness. I may just sign up for the trial Amazon Prime just to get some free shipping. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No way! I do cyber Monday!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will Friday but I refuse to go Thursday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Options
    I wouldn't, depending on what time you're talking about I definitely wouldn't take LO unless it was between naps. Even then the best thing I ever got on Black Friday was a $6 toaster... wasn't really worth all the hassle with the crowds. I'll be online!
  • Options
    I would not. Online shopping yes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I will shop online for sure!!! why not….and ship it directly to your family 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I HATE Black Friday and think its stupid (might be just because I worked a few in retail)... I will do Cyber Monday (Amazon is AMAZING!), but I will never get myself nor my kids out at 3AM just to save money. You're mommy, so you know what's best for you and your situation, but I wouldn't take DD out like that: too cold, grown people have gotten trampled... Heck, I get nervous when DH wants to go to GameStop and it's too crowded in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
  • Options
    I'm not this year. I have in the past but there's nothing I really need this year that I'm willing to face all of that craziness for.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    82Sonia82Sonia member
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if Black Friday attracts crazy people or just brings out the crazy in people. I know you said your husband has to drive you but can he just stay in the car with the baby?

Or just buy online or not exchange gifts?

• Options
    I have shopped on Black Friday only once and ended up spending more that year on Christmas gifts than any other year, and most of the stuff I bought was for myself! I was was putting things in my cart just because it was so cheap and really didn't need it. I did however get a great deal on my kitchen aid mixer from Kohls but that was about it. Honestly, waking up that early and dealing with all those crazy people is not worth the few bucks I would save. I actually bought all of my Christmas gifts online last year since I was so huge and pregnant and didn't feel like going out to shop. I will be shopping online this year.

• Options
    I would check out online deals as a first choice.  We may end up taking DD with us to 1 store because we have no one to watch her.  I'll just front carry her in the Ergo.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"