January 2013 Moms

Sick baby

My guy has his first deep cough. He has no fever and still wanted his breakfast this morning. He is a little more clingy but he still wants to play. I feel so bad for him. Every time he coughs his eyes get full of tears. Breaks this mama's heart! How do I help him? Do humidifiers work? I'm going to stick him in the tub while I take a shower and hopefully the steam will help.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sick baby

• I use a humidifier and lots of saline drops (if he's stuffy). The steam should help.

• My little guy has been sick over a week now.  I've found that vicks baby rub on their feet, chest and upper back plus the vicks baby plug in has been a life saver.  He still coughs throughout the night but since using these products he has been able to sleep through it rather than it waking him up.  Also, I use the vapor bath soap in a nice warm bath before getting him dressed in his pjs (and slathering him with more vicks).  The humidifier is on full blast all night as well.  My apartment now smells like one big vicks rainforest (with the humidity) but if it helps the little man - I'm all for it.  Also he hangs in the bathroom with me while I take now extended showers in the morning and I put a pillow under his mattress to elevate his head. 

Good luck.  After 10 days I know how hard it is to see your little one sick, even with the littlest cold.  I hope he is on the mend quickly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"