December 2012 Moms

Car seat question

I know this has been asked on here before, but I'm too lazy to go back through old posts (my coffee hasn't kicked in yet this morning).  DS is finally about to outgrow his infant car seat (don't flame me, he's small and still safely under the height and weight limits!) and it's time for a new one.  I've been looking at the recommended seats on Car Seats for the Littles, but was hoping to get your opinion on what seats work/don't work for you.  Ready, go!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Car seat question

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My LO is small as well. She's still in her infant carrier, makes it easier for short trips out....no flames from this direction.

Since we are approaching the end of being able to carry LO in the infant seat, we bought a Graco MySize/Headwise/some other name 70 through BabiesRUs last month (am hoping I am usimg the right names; is also refered to as the Graco clome). Have yet to install it or try it out aside from LO trying it out in store. Seemed to take less space than the Chico (I think it was the Nextfit) & the Graco should last her longer in RF (we figure she'll be a tall one), plus looked like she'd be more comfy in it. Am hoping the Graco will work in her day care providers van as well.

We also looked at the Radian but in the recline position for RF seemed like would need huge amoubt of space (DH is tall).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a graco size4me, one of the clones, I love it! She's tall and should easily rearface until 4.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • We have a Graco Size4Me 70 and like it. But it will really depend on your car which will work best. If you post in the Littles FB group people are very helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • another vote for the Graco mentioned above...the only reason we switched DD out of the infant seat was because it was in a wreck and had to be replaced...other wise she probably would have still been in it

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• We have one each Britax Pavalion and Chicco NextFit. I'm not in love with either, but do like them both. The NextFit was SUPER easy to install, is one of the longer lasting rear facing, and the fabric didn't seem very hot for summer. The only two things that I don't love are that the straps are really stiff at first and they're not as easy to adjust as the Britax bc of the padding things. Britax makes good seats, though the shells are shorter than some other seats, so tall kinds tend to outgrow them RF more quickly. Other than that, I love the seat. The fabric is soft and cuddly, easy to get her in/out of, easy to adjust, etc.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• @minervacullen was your seat easy to install or did it require a pool noodle to get the right recline? also was it expensive? I'm looking to get a second carseat for our 2 door and was thinking about this one.
  • Super easy, no noddle. I paid 150 from albeebaby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"