Illinois Babies

Loyola Hospital

BabymiriBabymiri member
edited December 2013 in Illinois Babies

Has anyone had a natural birth (no meds) in Loyola and if so can you tell me your experience? Which doctor did you see?  I am currently seeing my ob at Loyola and i am somewhat curious as to their procedures with natural birth. 

Thank you ladies.

Re: Loyola Hospital

• If you are low risk and planning a natural birth then chances are you won't be delivering at Loyola.....Loyola merged with Gottlieb and as a result of the merger almost all non-high risk patients deliver at Gottlieb....which is very different from Loyola. My primary care physician and our pediatrician are at Loyola but I did not deliver there...I was encouraged to look elsewhere.
    If you are interested in natural birth have you looked at the Family Birthplace at West Suburban?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for your reply.  I am actually scheduled to be giving birth in Loyola not Gottlieb because I live in the Southwest suburbs, so the trip to Melrose Park is too far out for me.  I spoke to my OB about even switching hospital to be closer but they refuse to recommend any.   Just last week I asked my OB about natural birth and they are willing to do it for me as long I have an IV.  I am just a bit nervous about it since this is my first baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did I saw the doctors out of oak brook terrace. Dr Williams delivered I went med free. I didn't have an IV but was 8cm when I arrived at the hospital delivered 18 min later
  • Try LaGrange Hospital. The docs at LaGrange Women's Clinic are good, albeit it is a large practice. There is very little privacy at Loyola. My best friend delivered her three kids there and there were lots of interventions, a roommate, etc. She does not recommend. 
  • Thank you for the advice i will check LaGrange Hospital.
  • @babymiri Check out OMG Women's Healthcare.  They just opened the Natural Birth Center at LaGrange Hospital, and they see patients in their new south suburb location as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"