November 2012 Moms

FFFC

Need some Friday entertainment. Send your FFFC my way betches! 

Re: FFFC

• Shared this on FB3 yesterday so a repeat for some, but here it goes...

I don't want to give up pumping at work for some selfish reasons....I don't want to give up my FB/TB and Candy Crush time. 

I mean obviously, it benefits my kid too but the selfish reasons are the first thing I think about when I think about not pumping at work anymore. 

• Also, I haven't spent a night away from O yet and I really have no desire to. It just seems like too much of a pain to think about dragging my pump around and being worried how she'll do when she wakes up wanting the boob at 4am. I think DH is wanting to leave her with MIL in a couple of weekends when we have his company holiday party, but I don't want to. 

• Loading the player...
  • AmberEA14 said:

Also, I haven't spent a night away from O yet and I really have no desire to. It just seems like too much of a pain to think about dragging my pump around and being worried how she'll do when she wakes up wanting the boob at 4am. I think DH is wanting to leave her with MIL in a couple of weekends when we have his company holiday party, but I don't want to. 

The longest I have ever been away from K is 11 hours. I didn't feel it was right to have her in a hospital waiting room that long. She stayed with MIL. Also, MIL is the only one that has watched her.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @JKVogt glad I'm not the only one :)

• I had my husband take a 1/2 day today so I could go to the office and get a break from LO (I usually work from home).  She has a horrible yeast infection from antibiotics and diarrhea since Monday. 
  • DD woke up at 1am and 5am.  Her molars are coming in.  As much as I love my beauty sleep, I was happy to have an excuse to grab a Starbucks on the way to work this morning.    Also, today wraps up my first week of not pumping during lunch.  Soooo happy to finally get my lunch break back.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ksherwood said:
    I had my husband take a 1/2 day today so I could go to the office and get a break from LO (I usually work from home).  She has a horrible yeast infection from antibiotics and diarrhea since Monday. 
    Oh no! Hope she feels better soon!! It's good that you were able to get a break...even if it was just going to work. 

• I just put C down early for her nap so I could enjoy my coffee in peace.
  • I set a budget for Christmas, but I cannot stop buying/wanting to buy all the things!!!! See ya later, budget!
  • I doubt I will watch (read as: have on in the background) anything other than Kennedy assassination specials today. I am looking forward to the History Channel special tonight.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I dont feel like Christmas shopping at all this year~  although I cant wait to decorate
  • Also, I haven't spent a night away from O yet and I really have no desire to. It just seems like too much of a pain to think about dragging my pump around and being worried how she'll do when she wakes up wanting the boob at 4am. I think DH is wanting to leave her with MIL in a couple of weekends when we have his company holiday party, but I don't want to. 
    The longest I have ever been away from K is 11 hours. I didn't feel it was right to have her in a hospital waiting room that long. She stayed with MIL. Also, MIL is the only one that has watched her.

Outside of going to work, the longest I have been away from DD is 3 hours. And that was for our anniversary dinner, when my SIL watched her. I can't bring myself to leave her with anyone.  I feel like a freak, but I don't trust anyone with her and hate being away from her.
  • I'm thinking of spending more on my nephew's present this year than my own LO's presents. It's just there is something so cool I could get him that is age specific and LO is easily entertained.

We have an insanely tight budget, so the upshot is I feel wildly guilty for thinking this way.

• I think those of you that have spent little to no time away from your LOs should be commended but are a bit nutso. If I didn't have some me time every once in awhile I'd go crazy!
  • I usually love my job, but for a variety of reasons I find myself counting the days to the end of the school year. Not like me.

And

I answered my DH's work line tonight (at 7:45 pm) and told his boss that "he was putting our son to bed...you know, something he can't do Mon-Thurs bc of the crazy travel you have him doing." Yeah... DH won't be happy with my sarcasm nor my "forgetting" to give him the message.... But Jeese.. It's almost 8PM in Friday night.... When is enough enough?
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think those of you that have spent little to no time away from your LOs should be commended but are a bit nutso. If I didn't have some me time every once in awhile I'd go crazy!

I'm away from her 5 days a week for 10 hours. I hate it. So, I can't bring myself to leave her on the weekends. Plus, I like refuse to pump on the weekends.

• AmberEA14 said:

I think those of you that have spent little to no time away from your LOs should be commended but are a bit nutso. If I didn't have some me time every once in awhile I'd go crazy!

I'm away from her 5 days a week for 10 hours. I hate it. So, I can't bring myself to leave her on the weekends. Plus, I like refuse to pump on the weekends.
    I totally get it. I leave the house at 545 when she's still awake and don't pick her up from daycare until 4...of course breast-feeding is not an issue in my case. But I am a teacher so I get long breaks throughout the year that I get to spend with her. Sometimes I feel like a bad mom for wanting time away, but it really does make me a better momma. Congrats to you for making it so far pumping! I had to give up!
  • @Chickie79  He did get the job.....BUT wasn't happy with the offer. I'm so frustrated with him right now! I want to scream!

He has the opportunity to interview within his current company for two home based position-- one in sales (doing what he's doing now,---dear God no!--but more "local" states) and one on the operations side of his company doing what he used to. 

My issue is if he stays in sales, still has to travel (although less nights bc he has where we live in his territory) and has the pressure of meeting sales. And...this company is notorious for dangling these opportunities to him and then screwing him over. 

Still a work in progress I guess. He knows I'm not real happy with him right now. Thanks for asking. 
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• AmberEA14 said:

I think those of you that have spent little to no time away from your LOs should be commended but are a bit nutso. If I didn't have some me time every once in awhile I'd go crazy!

I totally get it. I leave the house at 545 when she's still awake and don't pick her up from daycare until 4...of course breast-feeding is not an issue in my case. But I am a teacher so I get long breaks throughout the year that I get to spend with her. Sometimes I feel like a bad mom for wanting time away, but it really does make me a better momma. Congrats to you for making it so far pumping! I had to give up!
    Thanks! I almost quit several times when I first started back, but luckily my neighbor at work has a little girl that's 4 days older than O and it was her 2nd so she was very encouraging.

You know, if I was around kids all day and went home to another kid I'd most definitely need a break. Also if I weren't still BFing I am sure I would have had a night away by now.

• @maven212 What do you want to get your nephew?

I want to get him a cardboard play structure in the shape of a pirate ship (with paints/markers...and a eye patch). The ship is actually pretty cheap, but because of my current location the prices are super high and the shipping alone is, like, $30. My budget for my own LO is pitifully low, so $30 in shipping is not ideal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"