Will your DH be deployed when you're due? — The Bump
Military Families

Will your DH be deployed when you're due?

If so, most doulas will provide their services for free. Just thought I'd let you know!
Bless,
Kate
Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
shesamommy

Re: Will your DH be deployed when you're due?

• While that's nice and I'm sure some do, I suspect "most" is a pretty large generalization. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    GhostMonkey
  • @him184 ; I know doulas all over the country and I'm studying to be one.  I've yet to run into a doula that doesn't if that helps.

Bless,
    Kate
    Cloth-diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, attachment-parenting momma.
    Beachbody Coach, TurboKick and Hip Hop Hustle Instructor. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Blog | Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My spouse is deployed, I am due in 20 days, I asked a local doula (one of the only available here (small town)) to offer her services for free or discounted and she denied. Kind of pissed me off I have no one and can't afford one.
  • I've spoken with a number of moms in my area who haven't been able to secure reduced-cost doula services while their spouses were deployed.
  • My spouse is deployed, I am due in 20 days, I asked a local doula (one of the only available here (small town)) to offer her services for free or discounted and she denied. Kind of pissed me off I have no one and can't afford one.

I wonder if using official channels of communication might have rendered a different response?

Even if it is common for doulas to provide free or reduced fees for assisting a military spouse, I think that approaching a doula to straight up ask for free services, or a discount, might be seen as presumptuous. I would check out this website for information: http://www.operationspecialdelivery.com.
    ~*~*~*~ Smudges*Mom is Marni~*~*~*~

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/g/gh8t96lcs.png[/IMG][/URL]

Our IVF miracle was born at 41w6d while Daddy was deployed to Iraq.
    Marni is a pre-e/HELLP Syndrome and PPD/PPA survivor!
    iluvmytxrgrshesamommy
  • Thanks for posting that. I'm really sad to be alone; my DH will be gone from the time I'm around 5 months pregnant till the baby's around 2 months old
  • I also think you have to go through specific channels for it to happen for free. My husband will have 4-5 months left in his deployment when baby arrives. I may do as doula or may ask a friend.
  • It would make sense if you had to go through an organization - because then it would (theoretically) be the organization paying for the doula as opposed to the doula doing it for free.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If so, most doulas will provide their services for free. Just thought I'd let you know!
     If you know any in Mississippi that will provide services for me I would love it. Please inbox me

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards