Special Needs
Options

open letter thursday

post those notes!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: open letter thursday

• Options
    Dear District,

"We can't add specifics to the IEP because they will make the document too cumbersome"? Piss right off. 

Thanks,

typeset
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    Dear District (hello district employee),
      You and I both know why you have dragged your feet on this request for an independent evaluation.  It is because you think I am wrong for asking for it since "we have plenty of qualified people here to do it." 
      You forgot that I know the law and how to use it.  You forgot to agree and have everything set up before that 20 day mark.  You forgot to let your case manager know we can legally ask for an IEE before having to have it done in house first.  How can the case manager do her job if she's unaware of the law?!  
      After I filed due process (and you agreed to what I was asking for), you've still not followed through.  WHY? 
      I called the state today.  Want to know what they said?  File a complaint because the timeline was out of compliance (this was all you Director!  This wasn't the case manager.  This was out of her hands as soon as I asked for the eval).  She also said to file a due process and complaint as soon as his IEP meeting happens as it will not be in compliance since the eval won't be done in a week and a half.  She also said to file another due process and complaint to ask for comp. ed time after the eval is complete and they say he needs more than two 30 minute sessions of speech.
    WHY IS IT SO HARD TO WANT MY KID TO TALK CLEARLY?!  
    Signed,
    JON'S and not DON or SHAWN's mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"