Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby wearing - Wrap/Carrier/Sling Recommendations

My DS is 3 months and weighs 12 lbs. My mother purchased a Balboa Baby Sling and so far, I'm not having much luck with it. I don't really like the way it carries my son...he seems uncomfy and I feel like I constantly have to keep one hand on him for support. I've been looking at the Moby wrap but am a little hesitant since I'm entirely new to baby wearing. I want something that gives him the best support but is also easy to wear. Cost is definitely a consideration as well; I would love to keep it at around $150 or cheaper. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Mrs. Lotz

Re: Baby wearing - Wrap/Carrier/Sling Recommendations

• I am wearing my seven week son in a woven wrap as I type. I love the versatility. And the ability to have it perfectly fit my body. I am petite and found other carriers to feel large on my frame. There is a learning curve. I was able to take a class at a local shop to get comfortable with the wrap.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • I think I might do that. I'm intimidated by wraps just because I have zero experience with them but I keep reading over and over again that they're the best. There's a local class where I live as well so I might just have to look into it!
    Mrs. Lotz
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my Chimparoo Mei Tai baby carrier, it is versatile and comfortable! My daughter is now three months old and is sleeping on me as I type! 
  • We have an ergo sport w/ an infant insert. LO is 3 months and weighs 13 lbs. We love our ergo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited November 2013
    Ergo! Very comfy for both myself and LO. I had a Babybjorn with DS1 and much prefer the Ergo i have now.

• Another vote for the Ergo here. My DD is only 4 wks old but we've already gotten a lot of use out of it! I also have a Moby wrap but I can not figure that thing out. We are both happy with the Ergo (she falls asleep every time), so I'm sticking with it.
    pregnancy calendar Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I use the Boba wrap and its fantastic! I think the ring slings are useless.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• KellyScott04KellyScott04 member
    edited November 2013
    Awesome - Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'm going to be looking into either an Ergo or infantino mei tai. 
    Mrs. Lotz
  • I have a Boba wrap, which is great for my newborn (I can even nurse her in it, with some fiddling), and we also have an Ergo with an infant insert (which is easier for my husband to use, and more supportive for longer walks).  Mostly we use the Boba at home and for short trips, and the Ergo for longer ones.

Iris born Halloween 2013! 6 lbs, 1 oz, 18 inches long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    March 24bimageimageimage
  • Ergo with the infant insert for sure!! I exchanged the Bjorn for it. It's so much more comfy for all of us, and the hubby and I actually fight over who gets to carry LO in it.
  • Love the moby, tons of youtubes on how to wrap and it's really not hard. You really could just make your own though foruch cheaper, it's just a long piece of stretchy fabric.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use the Boba wrap at home and the Ergo with the insert when out of the house. I love both!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"